abebe41
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to the psychology PGDE program at Strathclyde and was wanting to hear from anyone who has applied, is a current student or graduate. Just general thoughts, though I am interested in how full-time it is and what hours I could work part-time to support myself.

Thanks,
Abebe41
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abebe41)
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to the psychology PGDE program at Strathclyde and was wanting to hear from anyone who has applied, is a current student or graduate. Just general thoughts, though I am interested in how full-time it is and what hours I could work part-time to support myself.

Thanks,
Abebe41
Hi

I'm not a student on this particular program, but in general, PGDE courses will be very full on. You will undertake placements in school which will be full time hours, and you will end up doing uni work/school work at home too. It would be very difficult to do a PGDE full time and work part time alongside it. I'd strongly suggest looking at other financial options e.g. working and saving up before hand etc.
abebe41
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Hi

I'm not a student on this particular program, but in general, PGDE courses will be very full on. You will undertake placements in school which will be full time hours, and you will end up doing uni work/school work at home too. It would be very difficult to do a PGDE full time and work part time alongside it. I'd strongly suggest looking at other financial options e.g. working and saving up before hand etc.
Thanks. This is what I was worried about, so good to see it confirmed. I don't know how I'll be able to save up for next year though. I might have to delay it for a good while.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abebe41)
Thanks. This is what I was worried about, so good to see it confirmed. I don't know how I'll be able to save up for next year though. I might have to delay it for a good while.
What funding is available to you? In England, all PGCEs/PGDEs have student finance funding available- are you able to get SAAS funding in Scotland? This might reduce the amount you need to save up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (65)
32.34%
Spring (37)
18.41%
Autumn/Fall (50)
24.88%
Winter (38)
18.91%
I love them all equally (11)
5.47%