What qualifications for FE and HE teaching? Watch

robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I can find lots of information regarding becoming a teacher for primary and secondary levels, but I can not seem to find adequate information on becoming a lecturer in College's and Universities.

I understand that at University level Research degree's are important, but for both FE and HE, do you still need to have completed a PGCE? What are the standard academic requirments for gaining a job within this sector?

Thank's guys for any comments.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There was a thread on this just a fortnight ago

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post12903443

Check out the prospects link in the first reply there (my first post). I don't know if you've already read it. Prospects gives a profile and outline of entry requirements for both further education AND higher education lecturer.

A PGCE isn't necessarily a requirement, certainly not for higher education. However, as you say, a master and reasonable research background is the usual minimum (although most lecturers do have doctorates)..
robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks river, I did have a search for previous posts on this, but couldnt seem to find anything, but thanks for the info.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.89%
No - but I will (13)
4.51%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (143)
49.65%

Watched Threads