The Student Room Group

Why your student-led Law society is a major key to your time as a law student

Joining the Law Society at your uni can be one of the most amazing things you do during your undergraduate or postgraduate years!

There's soo much to learn outside the classroom and from people who are not your lecturers. Check out this blog post about why joining your law society is a MAJOR key! :yep:
https://blogs.kingston.ac.uk/kul/2019/11/05/the-kingston-university-law-society-a-major-key-to-your-law-journey-at-ku/

Disclaimer: This blog post is written from the law society experience at Kingston University and we appreciate that the views on law societies differ based on university. :smile:

-KU rep and final year law student
I have heard the Law society being called many things, but amazing and MAJOR have never been mentioned.:nah:.
Might want to proof read the blog as well.
Reply 2
That's ridiculous.

Hobbies etc hold far more away on your CV. Law Soc is overlooked as "meh, another law society"... Hardly major. Worth going to and drinking to Denning's good health? Maybe.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mimir
[D]rinking to Denning's good health

I do hope you consider your current health to be considerably better than Lord Denning's!
Original post by 999tigger
I have heard the Law society being called many things, but amazing and MAJOR have never been mentioned.:nah:.
Might want to proof read the blog as well.

To each their own. Everyone's experience is different and as the disclaimer says, we appreciate that views on laws societies differ based on university. At Kingston, it's something we say is a big deal😊

Also, I have noted the changes to be made to the post and sent it off !

- KU rep and final year law student
Original post by Mimir
That's ridiculous.

Hobbies etc hold far more away on your CV. Law Soc is overlooked as "meh, another law society"... Hardly major. Worth going to and drinking to Denning's good health? Maybe.

We can agree to disagree. But as was mentioned in the post, it's not just having law society member on your CV - it's about being an ACTIVE member.

Reply 6
Original post by Kingston University
We can agree to disagree. But as was mentioned in the post, it's not just having law society member on your CV - it's about being an ACTIVE member.

Very well, but I would temper my words on it being a "major" key, which is simply wrong
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending