Which universities are the quickest to reply? Watch

Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well, i was curious to know which universities tend to provide offers/rejections at the earlier stage of application - obviously it depends on when one sends the application, but presuming it was sent off as early as possible. I know York are quite quick, but who else?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you mean by quick? Imperial got back to me by November...ie a month and half after I sent off my app.
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Completely dependant the what uni, what department, your personal statement, your grades etc.

If you applied to somewhere like Nottingham Trent for maths with AAA in Maths, Further and Physics I bet they'd get back to you with an offer in like... an hour :p:
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Glasgow gave me an unconditional the day after I got my track number through UCAS, but lots of people have had to wait ages. It's dependant on so many factors that you can't pin down one Uni that happens to be particularly good.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends on the course you apply for, I got an offer back from Liverpool for physics within two days of applying, but didn't hear from my other choices (medicine) until the end of March. I don't know if that's standard practice in Liverpool or not though? what're you thinking of doing?
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Manchester got back to me, and all of my friends who applied there 2 days after UCAS had processed our applications.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on when you send your application in.

Manchester tend to do them all in order...so the earlier you apply the better your chances, as do exeter, warwick and soas from what I've been told.

Bristol seems to hold applications, as does oxbridge and most University of London colleges (apart from Goldsmiths & QMUL who are apparently quite quick).

Some of the uni's that are easier to get into are quite quick, Glamorgan, UWIC, UWE, Swansea, Newport etc.. although saying that I only know in relation to Welsh students so maybe just because they are welsh and they try to improve welsh student numbers? I dunno.
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had all my offers before November had ended; that said, Warwick and Bristol are generally known for being slower, particularly Warwick.
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also, it depends if your particular university/course interviews.
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
coventry gave me an offer 3 days after i applied.
bournemouth and portsmouth gave me an offer after about 2 weeks
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I got an interview invite from Manchester (which was pretty much an offer really) before I even got my ucas welcome letter thing
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My application was processed on 4th October, and I got my first reply on 30th October, which was from Warwick.

Then I didn't get offers until mid December from UCL and Oxford, end of January from UCL and end of February from Durham.
Charlybob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keele gave me an offer within 2 week of sending off the application.

It took a month after that before I got my next offer.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tyler Durden)
Well, i was curious to know which universities tend to provide offers/rejections at the earlier stage of application - obviously it depends on when one sends the application, but presuming it was sent off as early as possible. I know York are quite quick, but who else?
London Met replied the next day!
Jamin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cardiff were quite quick for me, Strathclyde even quicker.

Edinburgh wait until as long as possible, most people i know didn't get offers until within the last week before they had to get back to everyone.
EvenStevens
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Birmingham gave me an unconditional after about 2 weeks.
Sheffield, Bath and Bristol only gave me offers after interviews.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
Glasgow gave me an unconditional the day after I got my track number through UCAS.
I thought I was really special. Glasgow gave me a (low conditional) offer after just one day of sending off my application.

It can really depend, some collegiate universities (such as Durham) can take a little longer (you need to get accepted by the department and then sent to the college, the college then has to decide whether or not there's space. If there isn't any space you are put aside until the end and they see which college has spaces). This can obviously take a few months (especially if interviews are involved).

Also, Leeds had a bit of a reputation of taking ages (I didn't get an offer from them until December, a friend was still waiting in February). But I would imagine it varies by year.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reilly)
Depends on when you send your application in.

Manchester tend to do them all in order...so the earlier you apply the better your chances, as do exeter, warwick and soas from what I've been told.

Bristol seems to hold applications, as does oxbridge and most University of London colleges (apart from Goldsmiths & QMUL who are apparently quite quick).

Some of the uni's that are easier to get into are quite quick, Glamorgan, UWIC, UWE, Swansea, Newport etc.. although saying that I only know in relation to Welsh students so maybe just because they are welsh and they try to improve welsh student numbers? I dunno.
Nah, QMUL didn't reply untill Mid March/April. They were the worst :mad:
The Dark Side
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Manchester in like two weeks. Most of my friends had not even applied
billyboymccoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The day after my UCAS was processed I got an offer from Birmingham, then the next day I got an Offer from York.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads