The Student Room Group

Best underwear shops?

For years I have been buying Marks and Spencer's underwear at high prices! Only recently I have looked at pictures of myself and they have flattened and sagged my boobs and this has happened with all of their bras from new. So I have been to La Senza and find they are cheaper and more supportive and uplifting! Where is the best place for bras?

I also want to buy similar brief/thongs etc but bought a size too small at La Senza and they tend to be too low for my liking. Kinda annoying when you spends loads on briefs that are too small. Again best place for silky thongs etc which are not too low rise and take into account curvy women - no digs intended. Ideas are rewarded.
Reply 1
La Senza is great but can be a bit pricey. Their sales are brilliant though - I got a bra and matching knickers and thong today all for £9, when it would have originally cost me £28 :biggrin:
Also, have you ever tried figleaves.com? They have a huge range of underwear.
Reply 2
Depends what size you are. It seems to be that different shops are better for different sizes. I like a lot of the stuff in la senza but I can never get anything to fit right. I find debenhams do really good ones (although they are one of the few places I can get stuff to fit). I've heard a lot of good things about figleaves but never used them. Triumph are pretty good aswell!
I get the majority of my bras from Debenhams, some from TKMaxx (great designers at low low prices) and then the ocassional treat from Agent Provocateur.

Shop around. I personally hate M&S Bras, they've majorly deteriorated in quality and design imo.
Reply 4
I agree with scaryhair, La senza is great, and yes it can be pricey, but its worth it since they last long and look good too! :biggrin: If you go Debenhams they have a range of designers which is quite good because you can compare styles and prices and see which brands tend to have underwear that fits the best!
Reply 5
any department store have a huge range of different things. Debenhams arent bad to be honest, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc. Big choice of absolutely everything, designers, own brand, and you can try them all on in one place and make your mind up without rushing from shop to shop!
Reply 6
Debenhams!!
Reply 7
I absolutely love Figleaves, they have a big range and free returns. And they stock Elle MacPherson Intimates :coma:
Reply 8
i find h&m are pretty good, they are cheap, long lasting and have nice designs. However they only go up to a C
Reply 9
La Senza and Topshop for me.

Topshop particularly for bras.
Reply 10
The anne summers sales are good for decent underwear, I personally don't like la senza's underwear, I find the fit really weird and they're overpriced I will stay devoted to M&S.
Freya is awesome for curvy girls

I would say La Senza, but you've already discovered that

Topshop stuff can be quirky and nice, but they only go up to D :eek:
Reply 12
I avoid Topshop because I find that the wire in their bras is horribly stiff and digs into me. La Senza's out for the same reasons.

M&S is fine if you shop selectively.

I prefer to go to Debenhams or House of Frasier because you get a huge choice of good-quality pieces all under one roof.
Reply 13
For Bras I like H&M, La Senza and occasionally M&S.
Reply 14
Depends on size to an extent :smile:

M&S I can't stand. I tried on two bras of theirs this week and BOTH - within seconds of trying them on - had irritating the gap where the underwires meet, I'm talking seriously red for no good reason. Gawd knows what they actually are doing there!

Debenhams is my new favourite place. I like their own brand range for bigger boobs :smile:

Department stores in general are really good to try because they do all different brands. They can be a bit pricier of course. Debenhams do have a blue cross sale on at the moment!

La Senza is quite nice to an extent.. be careful though.. rumour has it they measure very poorly, as do M&S. Have you considered getting measured again? Go to Debenhams or John Lewis to do it, they tend to be the most accurate - La Senza have a habit to fit small and get you spilling out because it's "cleavage" that way.

La Senza being "uplifting" too - they can fit a little smaller, so this could point to you having been wearing the wrong size in M&S.

Anyway now I'm just stealing advice from the lingerie sticky lol xD
Feexx
i find h&m are pretty good, they are cheap, long lasting and have nice designs. However they only go up to a C

Yeah me too! I like their padded ones...they're quite pretty and make me look like I actually have something down there :biggrin:

Ooh and someone posted above about La Senza sales...defo go down to Debenhams, I got some really good stuff from there yesterday.
Reply 16
Wonderbras!!!
I cannot rave about them enough.
alenax
Wonderbras!!!
I cannot rave about them enough.

DEFINITELY

Latest