The Student Room Group

EU Migrant Worker Evidence - urgent

Hi
I'm an independent migrant worker, I reapplied for Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans for my second year of studies.
On the 5th of November I received an email requesting a payslip from September.
On the 31.08.2019 I was asked to send EITHER a letter from employer or a payslip dated on September.
Then, on the 26.09.2019 I was asked to send further evidence confirming the continuity of working during the summer, including proofs of all my changes in employment. That message did not mention that the September payslip is required, it only was requested after 28 working days of the waiting time.
I meticulously had been sending all required evidence, and I worked hard all summer and continue to do so during my studies which makes the present situation quite distressing, as my Tuition fee is due in two days.
I did sent exactly what was requested and I don't know why the September payslip wasn't mentioned in the email from SFE I received after sending the first batch of documents, if the assessing team requires it. I will send all my payslips from September up to now today, however I'm worried the processing time will be very long again.
It would be easier to understand if I would have just forgotten to send something, but in this case SFE forgot to tell me they need a document, that they did not need initially. Hence my question- is there any way to contact the assessing team directly and try to make the processing time shorter in this case?

I would very much appreciate some help with resolving this situation
thank you

P.
Original post by pineapple55
Hi
I'm an independent migrant worker, I reapplied for Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans for my second year of studies.
On the 5th of November I received an email requesting a payslip from September.
On the 31.08.2019 I was asked to send EITHER a letter from employer or a payslip dated on September.
Then, on the 26.09.2019 I was asked to send further evidence confirming the continuity of working during the summer, including proofs of all my changes in employment. That message did not mention that the September payslip is required, it only was requested after 28 working days of the waiting time.
I meticulously had been sending all required evidence, and I worked hard all summer and continue to do so during my studies which makes the present situation quite distressing, as my Tuition fee is due in two days.
I did sent exactly what was requested and I don't know why the September payslip wasn't mentioned in the email from SFE I received after sending the first batch of documents, if the assessing team requires it. I will send all my payslips from September up to now today, however I'm worried the processing time will be very long again.
It would be easier to understand if I would have just forgotten to send something, but in this case SFE forgot to tell me they need a document, that they did not need initially. Hence my question- is there any way to contact the assessing team directly and try to make the processing time shorter in this case?

I would very much appreciate some help with resolving this situation
thank you

P.

Hi there,

Student's are not able to get in contact with our assessment teams. Migrant workers are required to send us either their September payslip or a letter on headed paper from their employer to confirm they are still working. We aren't able to release payments until this point. If you are able to send this evidence so we can process and release funding. At the moment new evidence will take around 27 working days to process.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Thank you! I understand that procedure.
" a letter on headed paper from their employer to confirm they are still working" - this has been sent on the 4th of September.

Then on the 26/09 I was asked to send evidence of changing jobs during summer - that's reasonable of course, I responded with all the required evidence - but this did not mention that ALSO the September payslip is needed.

Only after over a month of waiting I am being asked to ALSO send the payslip, even though it was first said it is EITHER a letter (which I send) or a payslip.

I feel like I should not have my process severely delayed because of an evidence that has not been requested earlier, even though I had received two emails listing the required documents and responded to them exactly.

thank you kindly

P
Reply 3
I always try to send ALL the REQUIRED evidence straight away after it is requested because I do understand how long the process of getting to the point of assessment takes and I respect that those who work for SFE need to follow the procedure.
I only don't see why my waiting time is unreasonably prolonged - while this particular document was initially not required at all and then it was not mentioned it needs to be send either while assessing team was looking at what else is required and I was contacted again.
Original post by pineapple55
I always try to send ALL the REQUIRED evidence straight away after it is requested because I do understand how long the process of getting to the point of assessment takes and I respect that those who work for SFE need to follow the procedure.
I only don't see why my waiting time is unreasonably prolonged - while this particular document was initially not required at all and then it was not mentioned it needs to be send either while assessing team was looking at what else is required and I was contacted again.

Hello,

All evidence that is sent in to us is worked in date order. This is why if you're sending new evidence in to us, this will take around 27 working days to process.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending