How smart is your Dog? Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Dog IQ Tests

How smart is your dog?

Unfortunatly, Bella performed very poorly. She's dumb, but we love her! The only one she did well at was the towel over the head.
Annaconda
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my dog is genius. if theres any food about he will have it like that *clicks fingers*
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annaconda)
my dog is genius. if theres any food about he will have it like that *clicks fingers*
Haha. I ha my neice in the background when I was doing both the 'hidden food' tests (She's 17 months).

Once I hit the food, Bella just looked up at me as if to say "Well, you've lost it now.". I'd wait the time limit, and then my neice would go and find it. xD

Officially, a toddler is smarter than my dog.
Annaconda
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahaha
what type of dog do you have?
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Paddy is a total genius, Daisy is quite slow :p:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annaconda)
ahaha
what type of dog do you have?
She's a lurcher collie cross, we think. Rescue dog with no history. :P
kayzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
meh i think dog IQ tests only work on puppies

my dog is almost too well behaved and gentle for these things now :^_^:

he is very intelligent though both in that he knows loads of tricks and is very mischievous ;grin;
Llamaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog is about as dim as they come, but that's how I love him
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kayzy)

he is very intelligent though both in that he knows loads of tricks and is very mischievous ;grin;
Perhaps because he was trained by such a good trainer e.g. you?

I haven't tested this, but my dog is very loyal.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
I've been trying to train Bella, but I'm really beginning to feel she lacks any sort of basic intelligence.

I've had her 6 months, and of that, about 4 months has been quite intensive training... We've mastered sit (as long as we're indoors). And... that's about it. Oh, she can stay is you repeat the command every ten seconds or so. And she can give you her paw on command (but can't swap paws, ie put one down, and on the next command give you the other paw)

She can't recall, or fetch. She also cannot lay on command (She doesn't lay down normally anyway, she just falls over.)

She suffered some head injuries as a younger puppy, so I'm wondering if it's linked. Like it's ruined part of her memory or something. I don't know, I've never had this much trouble training dogs in the past.
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WoWZa)
Perhaps because he was trained by such a good trainer e.g. you?

i am a brilliant trainer :proud: but he is an easy student as he generally only needs to be shown something once before he understands it :^_^:
theredwindmill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
Dog IQ Tests

How smart is your dog?

Unfortunatly, Bella performed very poorly. She's dumb, but we love her! The only one she did well at was the towel over the head.
Oh my days, my dog is called bella and she is exactly the same bless her. Although she has a talent at sniffing out things but other than that shes awful, she even failed puppy class. But we love her and would never change her. The other 2 dogs are stupid also bless them.
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog is called Bella too!
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog is dumb practically but seems to have a good grasp of mood and emotion . May test him to see what he scores.
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog Poppy doesn't seem to be very clever She responds well to some commands and is well behaved but I don't think she's a genius or anything. But she's sooooo cute! She's sitting next to me right now and she's having a dream and she's kinda having weird spasms, cute!
(Original post by WoWZa)
Hello Monsieur WoWZa!
PunkyFish-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow both my dogs are geniuses

Good test.
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dill)
My dog Poppy doesn't seem to be very clever She responds well to some commands and is well behaved but I don't think she's a genius or anything. But she's sooooo cute! She's sitting next to me right now and she's having a dream and she's kinda having weird spasms, cute!

Hello Monsieur WoWZa!
Hello there sweetness! "Poppy" Awww! What breed is it? I have a Golden Labrador.
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kayzy)
i am a brilliant trainer :proud: but he is an easy student as he generally only needs to be shown something once before he understands it :^_^:
Am sure you are I read the book "Marley and Me" and although the Labrador seemed happy and full of exuberant energy, he seemed like quite a dog to train
Garden_Gnome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog (only got her in November) is cleverer than my youngest cat but not as clever as the older cat
Charlybob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ollie's a genius.

Sammy's kinda dim, wasn't going to torture him by putting him through the tests.

Knew Ollie'd get full though. Smart little git fgured out how to get into the electric bin in the utility room when he'd only seen it used once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads