The Student Room Group

A level grades

I have just started year 12 at sixth form and I have completed 3 end of unit tests. In one of them I got an A/B but in my other two I failed one and got an E in the other it is early on but I was wondering if it is something I should be worried about. Would anyone give any good ways of revising for these tests at alevels because it is a lot different to GCSEs?
Original post by evepenny101
I have just started year 12 at sixth form and I have completed 3 end of unit tests. In one of them I got an A/B but in my other two I failed one and got an E in the other it is early on but I was wondering if it is something I should be worried about. Would anyone give any good ways of revising for these tests at alevels because it is a lot different to GCSEs?

In my case when I would do first-year psychology end of unit tests, the results of each one would contribute to my predicted grade for applying to university. If that is the case then yes your end of unit tests are important. If not then don't worry about it. Get some extra help on the topic and make sure you revise properly for the next one. Revision tips include summarising your topic in 100 words (ensures you understand the topic and condensing it will make it easier to remember), mindmaps (a proactive way of revising), one-word answer flashcards, teaching someone the topic (consolidates what you know and highlights what you don't).
I’m in year 13 and honestly, this early one I would say don’t worry about it! Most people experience some disappointment early on in year 12 as the content is a lot harder. Just keep consistently putting in enough effort and you’ll start to feel more confident. If you’re stuck though please don’t be afraid to ask for guidance from teachers or friends, or even online. It really helps some people. As for revising, learning the content is pretty similar to GCSE revision techniques I’d say (everyone does this differently), but the best way to improve is just practise questions! And make sure you do feedback from those end of unit tests so you know where you lost marks and what you can do to improve! Just don’t stress too much.
I meant early on not early one lmaooo

Quick Reply

Latest