Should I tell my college I have ibs ? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So doctors think I most likely have Ibs and this leads to my college attendance not being good as I’ve taken days off or missed some lessons due to this causing me to get into trouble with my teachers.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. They'll be far more understanding once they realise there is a legitimate medical reason.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So doctors think I most likely have Ibs and this leads to my college attendance not being good as I’ve taken days off or missed some lessons due to this causing me to get into trouble with my teachers.
Yes, and you won't be telling the whole College. Generally, if you tell the right person first time, what they pass on to other staff is more generic. It will be more like - "1st year Nursing Staff should be aware that X is dealing with a medical condition that might mean a).............. b)................. and c).......... if you have concerns that this is adversely impacting X's learning, please speak to Y".
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Yes. They'll be far more understanding once they realise there is a legitimate medical reason.
I don’t know how I would bring it up into a conversation with one of teachers.i have anxiety and I’m quite a shy person which would just make it harder.
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice but I’m quite a shy person I have anxiety I wouldn’t know how to tell anyone about this.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the advice but I’m quite a shy person I have anxiety I wouldn’t know how to tell anyone about this.
What about email, if you don't want to do it face to face?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.27%
Unconditional if firmed (15)
7.61%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.54%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.56%

Watched Threads