The Student Room Group

Who are you voting for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arran90
Brexit Party.

I'm anti-EU and I want a hard(ish) brexit and I live in a fairly safe Labour constituency.

A vote for Brexit party is a vote to remain mate. Split the leave vote and get a renainer MP
I can hardly believe I'm saying this but, I'm going to try to vote conservative.
Original post by Burton Bridge
A vote for Brexit party is a vote to remain mate. Split the leave vote and get a renainer MP

In my constituency there is a 95% chance that Labour will win. Brexit Party will probably end up a strong second place.
Conservative because I cannot vote for a Marxist like Corbyn who will ruin Britain
Reply 24
Original post by Alayna1234
Ayyyyeeee, what are your reasons ?

Because in my opinion only labour can bring about the change we so desperately need in this country only the Labour party has the policies that will protect and advance the lives of ordinary people
most likely no one
Firstly, I respect your point of view Alayna1234, but in retaliating, as usual, you project YOUR bias onto someone who has voiced their opinion of voting Conservative. Like every response in voting contrary to Labour.

Secondly, I do not vote Conservative entirely on the basis of Brexit. So your point of this is simply misunderstood. I voted for the SNP in Scotland, who are strong remainer European sympathisers. I voted for them based on their track record of positive steps they have taken to bring growth, unity and make Scotlands voice heard in our Parliament and Westminster.

Contrasting this, I am not a remain voting individual (contrary to SNP standpoint), I am for independence for Scotland (where the tories won't give another approving legal legislative tool to enact the referendum result as legally binding), but am very much reluctant now to vote for the SNP again for having pompously and arrogantly viewed the 62% of the people who voted to remain in the EU, believe speaks for the entirety of the country of Scotland.

I have been on both sides of the penalising and rewards of the Tory government - while in a coalition, majority and now a minority government. Working, studying, renting, etc.

I do not see an alternative party at this stage warranting my vote. The labour leader, Sir Keir Stamor, The shadow chancellor and others in the Labour party are not to be trusted running the country nor major leadership tough choice decisions.

We have seen a large increase in popular support among the conservative voting population, others who were undecided and even Labour leave backing counties in the UK voting more towards Boris Johnson than Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister.

In concluding, there really is a lot of division, hatred and suffering under the Tories, there has been a lot of tough decisions, growth and success too. I see nothing different under any other government from inception of a head of government within the UK. Politicians promise the earth and some deliver only a fraction, some deliver more, some less and some none at all. But the Conservative government from 2010 has reduced debt, increased money where it is necessary and increased awareness of what society should wake up to do themselves and not fund those who want free handouts and on certain aspects remove burdens from the working class.

You very much are entitled to your dissent of my responses, but I, like you, feel that my vote is more appropriately given to another party.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Leviathan1611
most likely no one

Please do vote.
Original post by Kevin766
Firstly, I respect your point of view Alayna1234, but in retaliating, as usual, you project YOUR bias onto someone who has voiced their opinion of voting Conservative. Like every response in voting contrary to Labour.

Secondly, I do not vote Conservative entirely on the basis of Brexit. So your point of this is simply misunderstood. I voted for the SNP in Scotland, who are strong remainer European sympathisers. I voted for them based on their track record of positive steps they have taken to bring growth, unity and make Scotlands voice heard in our Parliament and Westminster.

Contrasting this, I am not a remain voting individual (contrary to SNP standpoint), I am for independence for Scotland (where the tories won't give another approving legal legislative tool to enact the referendum result as legally binding), but am very much reluctant now to vote for the SNP again for having pompously and arrogantly viewed the 62% of the people who voted to remain in the EU, believe speaks for the entirety of the country of Scotland.

I have been on both sides of the penalising and rewards of the Tory government - while in a coalition, majority and now a minority government. Working, studying, renting, etc.

I do not see an alternative party at this stage warranting my vote. The labour leader, Sir Keir Stamor, The shadow chancellor and others in the Labour party are not to be trusted running the country nor major leadership tough choice decisions.

We have seen a large increase in popular support among the conservative voting population, others who were undecided and even Labour leave backing counties in the UK voting more towards Boris Johnson than Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister.

In concluding, there really is a lot of division, hatred and suffering under the Tories, there has been a lot of tough decisions, growth and success too. I see nothing different under any other government from inception of a head of government within the UK. Politicians promise the earth and some deliver only a fraction, some deliver more, some less and some none at all. But the Conservative government from 2010 has reduced debt, increased money where it is necessary and increased awareness of what society should wake up to do themselves and not fund those who want free handouts and on certain aspects remove burdens from the working class.

You very much are entitled to your dissent of my responses, but I, like you, feel that my vote is more appropriately given to another party.

I understand. Perhaps I became a bit aggressive because OP was projecting their biased views, I shouldn’t have reflected the same behaviour, but I respect your view. I don’t think what is happening under the UK government is indifferent to other countries, there are very sorely lacking aspects of our government and I personally do not see the success outweighing the current failure occurring in many aspects.

All I hope is that with this new election comes positive change, those vulnerable in our society are protected and that decent stuff that should be humans rights like workers right etc are appropriately handled.
No one because Parliament has decided to call the core seventeen days before my eighteenth birthday.
Original post by Santaq
Because in my opinion only labour can bring about the change we so desperately need in this country only the Labour party has the policies that will protect and advance the lives of ordinary people

Has it occurred to you that Corbyn over promises and his government will under deliver badly?

Given Corbyn's age he is a one term PM
Original post by Miriam29
No one because Parliament has decided to call the core seventeen days before my eighteenth birthday.

if its any cosolation we have had an election in 2015, a referendum in 2016, an election in 2017 and now an election in 2019, so its unlikely you will have to wait long to have your say! If labour wins you will even be guarenteed a vote in a referendum in 6 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending