The Student Room Group

My teachers won't give me the predicted grade I want

Based on the points I have now, I am only 1 point off a Distinction but that's if I get a pass on the exam in January. If I get a Merit, I can get a Distinction overall. We had mock papers done and I got a Pass on the first one and a Merit on the second one.

I told this to my teachers since it's an evidence that I am capable of achieving a Merit but she told me "it's not a real exam" which is nonsense really because it will never be a real exam until January that's why it's only for a predicted grade.

I discussed this situation with our head of year and they told me that if I get a Merit on the next assessment, they will predict me a Distinction.

I got a Distinction.

However, now, my teacher is accusing me of cheating due to these reasons

1. I was the only one who got the answer right for a single question which she said was "suspicious" because she taught the whole class the same thing and I was the only one who got it right. It was about percentage error

2. I got more marks compared to my other mock assessments. 1st: 14 marks. 2nd: 29 marks. This assessment: 45 marks. I revised hard for this one because the result for this is what they're going to use to base my predicted grade. She said it was "too big of a leap"

3. Based on the mark scheme, I got the lowest mark to the only question that does not specify the answer. It was a 12 marker where we haven't even covered the topic yet. She told me that a person who can get a distinction would know how to answer a question like that.

4. I got the highest mark in the class. This is not on me.

My science teacher is now saying that if I get a distinction on another assessment, she will tell our head of year that they can proceed on giving me a Distinction for my predicted grade.

It honestly feels so unfair that I have been delaying my UCAS application because my science teacher thinks that I will get a pass on the real exam in January. And when proved wrong, argued that I cheated. I feel so exhausted will all these.

Any advice on what to do next?
(edited 4 years ago)
prove them wrong and get a distinction in the real exam. if you cant change her mind theres not much u can do unless your head of year can change the grade for the UCAS application. I think she seems really unfair and rude but dont let it get u down u seem very capable of getting a good result.
that sucks, ask if you can take another mock now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending