can't think of a title for this!!!!!!!!! Watch

Niamhbutler
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey! i'm starting architecture in portsmouth in september/october, coming from Ireland. I've already started a course in ireland and dropped out and was just wondering whether the majority of english students know many people going to the same uni as them? With Ireland having like a fraction of the amount of uni's in the uk everybody kinda knows a few people going/has a few friends from home studying in the same city. just wondering what the story was in the uk!:rolleyes:
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Generally, you don't really know anyone. If you're from a big school going to a popular uni, you might know a couple of people.
~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Niamhbutler)
hey! i'm starting architecture in portsmouth in september/october, coming from Ireland. I've already started a course in ireland and dropped out and was just wondering whether the majority of english students know many people going to the same uni as them? With Ireland having like a fraction of the amount of uni's in the uk everybody kinda knows a few people going/has a few friends from home studying in the same city. just wondering what the story was in the uk!:rolleyes:
I can safely say that i know No-one in London
And i knew no-one in Paris, when i started uni there

All part of the fun, though
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i know quite a few people going to hull. but then it's local and it's pretty and it hands out scholarships like whores hand out chlamydia
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I knew one guy about to do the same degree as me, but he dropped out after about half a year cos he didn't like it.

I know only 1 other person who is at RGU and she's left now as well.

But the friend's I've made whilst living there in 1st year are much better friends than I ever had back home so it didn't matter

Though I think in Scotland, since there are again, less uni's than in England, we are bound to know more people here
Niamhbutler
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
cool. the last uni i was in i had lots of friends there before starting, but i think having had that it did limit me broadening my social horizons...actually it limits horizons in general!!!!!!!can't wait to throw myself into a totally new environment
armageddonbride
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to Portsmouth too...I know a couple of people who've gone there, although most of them not that well, although I do have a good friend who goes there.
Danni86002
Report 10 years ago
When I went to portsmouth I didn't know anybody there. Don't worry you will make lots of new friends
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
three of my friends go to the same uni but are in the year above because i took a gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads