little problem Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
it's nothing major ... just wondering ... I've just turned 18 and realised that if I could I might like to change my teeth. They're not that bad but the bottom set don't look very nice. firstly can i do anything now at 18 or is it too late? and this may sound a bit stupid but is there anything i can do to improve it without wearing a brace for like 2-3 years?
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can do stuff to them at 18, but it's not always very effective, and most of it involves a brace. But I'm no expert.
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
em, if there's really nothing majorly wrong with you're teeth just leave them.

Too much emphasis placed on perfectly straight even white teeth.

If you were to do something with them it'd no doubt be costly.
Ruthie!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
also you'd probably have to pay.. a lot
my step mum works in orthodontics and her colleague has braces and he has paid an absolute fortune for them
linda helena
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't like my teeth and decided to do something about them. I wore braces for 6 months and I was 24 at the time so I was quite a few years older than you are. It was rather painful wearing braces and I still have to wear a retainer, but I'm glad I did it since otherwise my teeth would have continued annoying me and they look great now.
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by linda helena)
I didn't like my teeth and decided to do something about them. I wore braces for 6 months and I was 24 at the time so I was quite a few years older than you are. It was rather painful wearing braces and I still have to wear a retainer, but I'm glad I did it since otherwise my teeth would have continued annoying me and they look great now.
Only 6 months!? I always thought it was a set amount of time like 2 years.

Open question for anyone who knows:
What are the factors that define the amount of time they're on for?
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It might be around 2 years, but you can wear braces on the inside of your mouth so they're practically invisible. Or see-through ones. But it would cost a lot..
linda helena
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rummang)
Only 6 months!? I always thought it was a set amount of time like 2 years.

Open question for anyone who knows:
What are the factors that define the amount of time they're on for?
What your teeth looks like. I only needed a minor correction, that's why I didn't need to wear braces for that long. But I've had the retainer for 1½ year now so if you count that it's more like 2 years, yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (25)
49.02%
No - but I will (1)
1.96%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (24)
47.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise