barneyclarke1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm a recent astrophysics graduate and I'm struggling to find possible jobs that I could apply to in F1. Is there any advice for getting into the industry or possible positions that would suit someone like me?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barneyclarke1)
I'm a recent astrophysics graduate and I'm struggling to find possible jobs that I could apply to in F1. Is there any advice for getting into the industry or possible positions that would suit someone like me?
What job in particular? There are so many different jobs within the sport.
barneyclarke1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
What job in particular? There are so many different jobs within the sport.
Thanks for the reply. Thats part of the issue. Trying to find somewhere that I could fit without an aerodynamics or engineering degree narrows it down so much that I feel I have accidentally cornered myself. I excel at maths and statistics and I can pick up complicated concepts relatively quickly.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barneyclarke1)
Thanks for the reply. Thats part of the issue. Trying to find somewhere that I could fit without an aerodynamics or engineering degree narrows it down so much that I feel I have accidentally cornered myself. I excel at maths and statistics and I can pick up complicated concepts relatively quickly.
It doesnt narrow it down much (unless you're only interested in those particular side), as you still have the rest (e.g. finance, marketing, sales, technology, pr, media). It would be a lot better if you first decide on what you want to do, and then to figure out how. Have you tried looking at graduate programmes offered at automotive companies such as McLaren (they have quite a few entry level jobs), Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (212)
70.67%
No I haven't decided yet (55)
18.33%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
11%

Watched Threads