The dreaded & persistent Acne Watch

James Smith 90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What actually works?
I have mild acne and I know from those who have really bad cystic acne that I shouldn't be complaining!
However, it can get to me!
Is there any herbal/natural remedies that actually work? As I am tired of using chemicals !!
Also any acne myths that people may not know about?
Last edited by James Smith 90; 2 weeks ago
itscourtchicks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Boys a dears, acne is really a stubborn wee article
Personally I don’t use herbal or natural remedies at the moment, I’m using prescribed cream.
But I want to use some natural treatments, and am planning to use the likes of garlic as a paste/mask on my face - garlic has great antimicrobial properties. I know tea tree is another tried and trusted treatment (antimicrobial plant) but it never worked for me. Try and research antimicrobial plants and buy these at your local shop to make a paste/mask
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
(Original post by itscourtchicks)
Boys a dears, acne is really a stubborn wee article
Personally I don’t use herbal or natural remedies at the moment, I’m using prescribed cream.
But I want to use some natural treatments, and am planning to use the likes of garlic as a paste/mask on my face - garlic has great antimicrobial properties. I know tea tree is another tried and trusted treatment (antimicrobial plant) but it never worked for me. Try and research antimicrobial plants and buy these at your local shop to make a paste/mask
I have tried garlic and turmeric but it stings sooo bad
At the moment I have tried honey which is really soothing yet to see any effects tho......
I'm trying to get aloe vera in its natural form ...aloe is very good for the skin especially acne but so hard to get here!
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by James Smith 90)
What actually works?
I have mild acne and I know from those who have really bad cystic acne that I shouldn't be complaining!
However, it can get to me!
Is there any herbal/natural remedies that actually work? As I am tired of using chemicals !!
Also any acne myths that people may not know about?
clinique 3 step anti blemish face care is the only way to go, expensive but worth it, the difference in your skin complexion is noticeable within days 🙌🏼
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
clinique 3 step anti blemish face care is the only way to go, expensive but worth it, the difference in your skin complexion is noticeable within days 🙌🏼
I'm prepared to pay the price... I'll have a go but I really do want to go for something natural
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm prepared to pay the price... I'll have a go but I really do want to go for something natural
why do you want something natural?
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
why do you want something natural?
Because my skin is very sensitive it always reacts really badly to chemicals ......and natural is the best way !
Lucyyyym
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I tried loads of home made remedies and probably every product in Boots but the only thing that cleared my skin was a prescribed cream from the doctor. lmao ance sucks
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucyyyym)
I tried loads of home made remedies and probably every product in Boots but the only thing that cleared my skin was a prescribed cream from the doctor. lmao ance sucks
Everything I tried from the doctor just made my skins a lot worse.....one treatment actually caused my skin to burn!!!
But I'm glad it cleared your acne ...have you stopped using the cream?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Because my skin is very sensitive it always reacts really badly to chemicals ......and natural is the best way !
Yeah that's what I thought... but clear skin is clear skin! I've ran out of my face soap for the past week and my skin is noticeably worse after not using it, bad acne has returned :/
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
Yeah that's what I thought... but clear skin is clear skin! I've ran out of my face soap for the past week and my skin is noticeably worse after not using it, bad acne has returned :/
See that's the thing I want to find something natural that way it doesn't matter if you have to keep on using it...I don't feel comfortable using chemicals over prolong use and then after all that having it come back ...not good
Lucyyyym
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everything I tried from the doctor just made my skins a lot worse.....one treatment actually caused my skin to burn!!!
But I'm glad it cleared your acne ...have you stopped using the cream?
The cream from the doctor might make ur skin burn at first it did the same for me but I just used a tiny bit every second day or something until my skin got used to it. I don't really use it anymore as I haven't been getting anymore bad breakouts
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My acne probably didn't look as bad as others. But my spots were very sore etc so I was prescribed Roaccutane. Worked wonders for me. Obviously not a natural remedy but I took it for about 6 months and afterwards rarely got spots.
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucyyyym)
The cream from the doctor might make ur skin burn at first it did the same for me but I just used a tiny bit every second day or something until my skin got used to it. I don't really use it anymore as I haven't been getting anymore bad breakouts
Yeah your skin is supposed to settle in to it, but my skin went crazy, I had really bad burns... my face was like a tomato, but glad to hear it worked for you!
James Smith 90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
My acne probably didn't look as bad as others. But my spots were very sore etc so I was prescribed Roaccutane. Worked wonders for me. Obviously not a natural remedy but I took it for about 6 months and afterwards rarely got spots.
Is roaccutane strong...any side effects?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (37)
18.69%
Unconditional if firmed (15)
7.58%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.01%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.53%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.2%

Watched Threads