The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

River85
The funding for a new assesment may come from the access to learning fund. However, is this available to international students?

That's a good point actually, and a quick google suggests that it isn't. Also, if English is not the first language (altho this is an assumption for the OP based on location), dyslexia testing here might not be so accurate.

So, OP - new advice would be to contact your university - maybe email the disability office in advance, explain the situation and ask if you'd need a new test to be done. Do you remember who paid for the first test and would you able to afford a new assessment if it came to it?
dinkymints
Generally you need a report done after you were 16 for the university to make allowances. If you don't have one the uni will often have some sort of fund to pay for a new assessment. So even if you're not eligible for DSA, still go to them and talk to them and they'll see what needs to be done. They can't just ignore it!

I went to DSA website and found that there was some help for international students as well but not provided by DSA i think. I haven't got my original copy of the test results and documents provided by my psycologist yet as my univeristy required me to bring in with me, so I will see how it goes with university and find funding org if possible.

Thank you :smile:

Latest