daisyyp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I'm in y11 and doing edexcel igcse english lit, of mice and men. I'm trying to plan possible essays depending on which character comes up but im struggling. Could anyone suggest points i can make about any of the characters but especially Candy, Curley, Curley's wife, Crooks and Slim. Also how do i know which quotes to learn for each character? Thank you, any advice appreciated
ArtmisKco
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They still do of mice and men? I thought they got rid of it
daisyyp
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
They still do of mice and men? I thought they got rid of it
yeppp haha
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can say that curlys wife is seen as a sexual figure as the men are attracted to her and due to the author not giving her a name shows how insignificant women who acted like the wife seemed in the 20thcentury especially coz women and men were both needed to work in the Great Depression. At the end the wife is killed which shows how the stereotype of stay at home wife painting was killed off by society itself as women had to work more and become the breadwinners of their families.

I believe that lenny was compared to animals throughout the book too right? You can make comments on that as well
daisyyp
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
You can say that curlys wife is seen as a sexual figure as the men are attracted to her and due to the author not giving her a name shows how insignificant women who acted like the wife seemed in the 20thcentury especially coz women and men were both needed to work in the Great Depression. At the end the wife is killed which shows how the stereotype of stay at home wife painting was killed off by society itself as women had to work more and become the breadwinners of their families.

I believe that lenny was compared to animals throughout the book too right? You can make comments on that as well
thank you so much!
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No problem!
Armanmiah2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thats what i thought most likely would be lenny or curlys wife if they want to make it hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (40)
19.42%
Unconditional if firmed (16)
7.77%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.97%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.43%
No unconditional offers (143)
69.42%

Watched Threads