The Student Room Group

Struggling to link psychology a level to film course

I have be given the advice to say how all of my a levels link to the film course I want to study at uni. however I am struggling to link psychology a level to my film course so I was just looking for other peoples opinions. Thanks!
Psychology- the way people act in social and lone situations- how the mind works

Film course- use the information that you’ve uncovered about human nature and how they think, mental illnesses so forth and incorporate them into different films where the characters suffer from illnesses or how they act with other people and by themselves

Something like that I think
You don't need to talk about your A Levels at all - focus on things you've done outside of your courses linked to your subject choice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dharris13
I have be given the advice to say how all of my a levels link to the film course I want to study at uni. however I am struggling to link psychology a level to my film course so I was just looking for other peoples opinions. Thanks!

There's lots of links! Psychology is all about how people work, and a part of film analysis is understanding how characters work. Understanding how people work in real life can give you an extra level of insight when it comes to analysing characters! If you have to do any creative writing in your film course, you could also talk about how understanding how people work helps you to write more realistic characters. Alternatively, you could talk about the impact media (including film) has on people & society, though that is more of a link for sociology than anything.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending