The Student Room Group

How many and what languages does everybody here speak? :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bad bunny
they are both spanish regardless, just different variations

Yeah but I recommend to study the Iberian Spanish of you are going to Spain
Original post by rojomed
Tunisian

ah ana ro7et 3ala Tunis marateyn
3ala Hammamat wa Tunis
I clearly speak English and French
Original post by Zahra_2001
Arabic and English. Used to speak Dutch- just putting it out there :P I wish I could learn Japanese and Korean. I sort of understand Japanese but it's hard to learn espcially self teach cuz who's got time. Korean seems very easy to write- you just learn the characters.

Try Karate for Japanese
In my dojo they only speak to us in Japanese so I can understand quite a bit
Original post by Taz554:-)
english somali can fluently understand korean and dutch (struggle speaking) and learning spanish for gcse and turkish for the future

lucky u understand Korean. Dutch I've totally forgotten lol was born there and grew up till the age of 7 I think
Original post by xxlaila03xx
Try Karate for Japanese
In my dojo they only speak to us in Japanese so I can understand quite a bit

looool A hijabi Iraqi plus a weak girl doing karate. I'm imagining myself and laughing. (a sidenote my parents will kill me lol :P)
English, French, Dutch and German. The last two probably only enough for basic conversation and things such as getting a meal or a drink.
looool A hijabi Iraqi plus a weak girl doing karate. I'm imagining myself and laughing. (a sidenote my parents will kill me lol :P)

What's up with an Arab doing Karate?
I'm Arab too and Muslim although I don't wear the hijab (I will soon inshallah)
Nothing to do with strength, it's all in the technique
Why would your parents kill you?
What's up with an Arab doing Karate?
I'm Arab too and Muslim although I don't wear the hijab (I will soon inshallah)
Nothing to do with strength, it's all in the technique
Why would your parents kill you?

I'm sure you know how most Arab parents are. like a girl and doing karate is not that common lol. I personally don't think its wrong if the person is holding the Islamic rules and dressed up modestly and not tackling boys.
I'm sure you know how most Arab parents are. like a girl and doing karate is not that common lol. I personally don't think its wrong if the person is holding the Islamic rules and dressed up modestly and not tackling boys.

There's bare Arabs in my Karate club
We're mostly Muslims
My sensei is a Muslim too
My parents were all for it and they're quite traditional
You don't have to work with the boys if you don't want to
The Karate gi (outfit) covers your 3awra so there's nothing wrong
Again was just a suggestion
Original post by Taz554:-)
finally i find another somali on here sksksk

true. every1 think im mixed race for some reason, like they dont believe it lmao.
2 English and Hungarian, both at native level although my English is slightly better than my Hungarian especially spelling wise.
I'm also learning French online and in school and I have plans to be able to speak at least 10 before I die.
(edited 4 years ago)
lucky u understand Korean. Dutch I've totally forgotten lol was born there and grew up till the age of 7 I think

its only after 6 years or so learning it because i started quite young like 9? i was born there and left at age 2 but still remember it
If I have to choose just the 100% fluent ones it’s Danish, Italian and English :smile:
Original post by davesantana
true. every1 think im mixed race for some reason, like they dont believe it lmao.

why hehehe are you lightskinned or have timo jileec or somma
3ala Hammamat wa Tunis

Oh my god! You've just name my city haha
I can speak English(duh), Nepali ( can't read or write though), passable Spanish and understand most Hindi because of the similarity and can understand Tamang (cultural language).

I want to learn Japanese or Korean though!
Only English but I’m a linguist and it’s quite embarrassing for people to hear that and ask “oh how many languages do you speak?” and have to awkwardly say only one so I’m trying to fix that by learning Latin as a gateway to other predominantly European languages! If anyone has any language learning advice, it would be much appreciated haha
3ala Hammamat wa Tunis

Oh my god! You've just mentioned my city?
I dunno if you understand our dialect "w9teh jit il hammamet "

Quick Reply

Latest