The Student Room Group

2020 Consulting Graduate Applications

Hey there,

I've seen a few threads regarding Big 4 and MBB and other specific firms but thought it might be handy to make a thread for all of MBB/Tier 2 (OW, LEK, OC&C, etc.) and other boutique consulting applications.

It's getting to that time where the responses are coming out, and so far I've had 3 (including McK/Bain, which seeing as I'm not from Oxbridge/LSE wasn't too painful), but still have plenty in the pipeline to feel optimistic about.

Best of luck to you all!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got through screening for LEK. The test was a bit challenging don't expect to get through. Not very optimistic about S& chances either.

Still waiting on OW, OC&C, EY-P, RB and ATK. Has anyone heard back from these?
Reply 2
I was sent the psychometric test for OW but haven't heard back since, I'd be expecting it to be very soon, as their first round interviews start late next week (14th/15th). For the rest you mentioned I've not heard back, but LEK and OC&C are usually later November judging by other years threads. I've heard of ATK giving out rejections but not heard of interviews yet.
Reply 3
have heard back from ATK and EY-P but none of the others
Reply 4
Rejection from Bain. Still not heard from BCG and OW. I’ve heard that interviews have already gone out for BCG though ...
Bain interviews went out on Monday and BCG last Friday.
Reply 6
When did you all hear back from EY-P? Haven't received anything from them yet.
Reply 7
heard back yesterday afternoon

Has anyone heard anything from Marakon?
Reply 8
Were you successful in securing an interview with either of them? I’m still waiting for both
Reply 9
I have an interview from EY-P but nothing from Marakon - reckon this must be bad news as they were supposed to reply by Wednesday
Reply 10
I think both EY-P and Marakon only respond if successful
Reply 11
yeah that makes sense. Has anyone heard from Marakon?
Anyone heard from OW yet they said today?
First round for OW is out (at the very least, some have been released).
Original post by Inter123
First round for OW is out (at the very least, some have been released).

Do you know if they respond to unsuccessful applications?
Original post by Kaate.10

I'm not too sure, sorry! No news is better than bad news here, so fingers crossed for you!
Reply 16
Original post by Kaate.10

Almost certain they do.
Rejected from MBB, Monitor Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, CIL, Oliver Wyman, IBM.

Waiting to hear back from EY, EY-P, OC&C, Mansion House, Teneo, LEK, Roland Berger, BearingPoint, Arup, Accenture, Capgemini, Sopra Steria, Capco and PA. (And the Civil Service FS but not quite consulting!)

Assessment centres for Atkins and Newton upcoming. (Not that I'm expecting too much from the Newton one after my experience at it last year...)

It's a frustrating process at times but that's the game I guess. Need to start looking at plan Bs, these applications take so much time I haven't properly considered what to do if none of them come off since I've graduated.
Has anyone heard about an IBM assessment day yet?
Original post by readingbedding
Rejected from MBB, Monitor Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, CIL, Oliver Wyman, IBM.

Waiting to hear back from EY, EY-P, OC&C, Mansion House, Teneo, LEK, Roland Berger, BearingPoint, Arup, Accenture, Capgemini, Sopra Steria, Capco and PA. (And the Civil Service FS but not quite consulting!)

Assessment centres for Atkins and Newton upcoming. (Not that I'm expecting too much from the Newton one after my experience at it last year...)

It's a frustrating process at times but that's the game I guess. Need to start looking at plan Bs, these applications take so much time I haven't properly considered what to do if none of them come off since I've graduated.

which stage did you get rejected from IBM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending