What's your favourite thing about York? Watch

University of York
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
York has recently been named the most culturally vibrant city in the UK by the European Commission (http://bit.ly/32isSaP). To celebrate, we want to know your favourite things about York (the city or the uni). The best quotes will be shared on our social media, with your permission of course, so get to posting!

Name:  Minster.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  547.0 KB
Darelz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My favourite thing about UoY is the psychology department. I love my department, I enjoy talking to staff and there's an abundance of support for gaining work experience.

I'm not sure what my favourite thing about York in general is, but one thing I appreciate are all the daffodils around Fulford and the university. I grew up on a farm where one of our main produce was daffs, so it's a nice reminder of home.
Kiraz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It has to be the campus! Its like you are in a natural reserve park! It makes you relax after a stressful workshop, walking through the ducks, while following the lake to your lecture either in spring lane or central hall 😊
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by University of York)
I really like the University campus (Heslington East), it's quite large and out of the way.
Supermature
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
The King's Manor. Although York is a modern campus university, many people assume that it was established hundreds of years ago. This is, in part, because of its strong academic reputation but also because it incorporates a number of older buildings. The King's Manor is the University's physical presence in the city centre. It's a lovely Medieval building that now houses the Department of Archaeology, The Centre for Medieval Studies and the Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies. Students can call in and have a coffee in the refectory (which is also open to the public at certain times) or sit and relax in one of the quads or one of the quiet work spaces. While it's in the heart of the city, close to the Minster, it's a haven of peace and tranquillity.

https://www.york.ac.uk/about/campus/...s/kings-manor/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (137)
54.37%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
11.9%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.48%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.59%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.14%