First Impressions? Anyone strategically planning what to wear on first day of course? Watch

Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Or in halls?

any things you want to change about yourself in uni? Or at least your public image?

Just a-wondering.
robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hahahahahahahaha claaaaaaaaaaaaaaire of Neath Port Talbot Parkway!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was a bit worried about it at first, but I wouldn't bother if I were you. Just wear whatever you want, no one really cares. I've found uni is great like that!
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
(Original post by robbo3045)
hahahahahahahaha claaaaaaaaaaaaaaire of Neath Port Talbot Parkway!
No you dumbass its NEath and Port Talbot Parkway is a different station :P

pfffft at least Im no priest bashing "would you like fries with that" "oh god its aw-ful" robby bobby from kidwelly on the request stop.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT T!

get a job.
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I will probably wear make-up at first, but then not bother after a couple of weeks, but I doubt I will change how I dress or anything about my personality.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Buy yourself a box of cigarettes. Share them with the smokers as they have the best chat.

MB
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I am not. I have a life
trm90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by musicbloke)
Buy yourself a box of cigarettes. Share them with the smokers as they have the best chat.

MB
Even if you don't smoke? :tongue:
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Just wondering cause a lot of my friends are going on about going on a huge shopping trip to buy a "wardrobe for uni" just seems a little silly and strange to me. Was wondering if it was common 0_o
Tipitman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eh, I'm just gonna wear my leavers hoodie. It has my name on the back...should be an ice breaker lol.
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

MB
Sadly I was thinking of doing this, although I rarely smoke. Smokers do have good chat.
Ariana123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reilly)
Just wondering cause a lot of my friends are going on about going on a huge shopping trip to buy a "wardrobe for uni" just seems a little silly and strange to me. Was wondering if it was common 0_o
i'm only getting a new wardrobe (Well hardly a wardrobe, a few items) because i hate all the stuff i own now! need a big clearout.......:rolleyes:
amy.dd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im gonna just wear the kind of stuff I usually wear. I'll probably straighten my hair or something for the first week or so (normally I just leave it to dry wavy) and wear a bit more make up (confidence booster) but I'll still stick to jeans and a nice top and some boots/trainers.

I'm going shopping before uni because there are NO decent shops where I am going, also currently I have a fair bit of money and one pair of jeans I like. But all I will get is probably 2 new pairs of jeans (that are needed), a few tops and a dress. And I most certainly won't be changing my style. I can't see how people who change their style for uni feel any better, I'd feel self concious and uncomfortable in clothes that arn't 100% me.
billyboymccoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my extra large black aqua teen hunger force t shirt I got for 5 dollars in america. I will then proceded to tell everyone i was 18 stone at the start of summer and have lost 7 stone and that it was what i use to wear.
neverknowingwhy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im going to buy new clothes but only after a few weeks cos fashion up north is so diff to where i live now and i dont want to buy loads of new clothes that are gonna be last season once i get to uni!

i plan on getting my nose repierced before i go, maybs dye my hair and def get it cut...

i'll make a huge effort in the first few weeks... i'd never go out my room without make up on but i havent gone out without it since i was 13 anyway!

i would NEVER go out in a hoodie with greasy hair unless it was to a 9 oclock lecture and a month or two into it...

i think first impressions are v important, as are looks.

but obv it's also importnat to have a personality to match up to looks- there's no point looking good if everyone thinks your a *****...

so in response to the OP, on my first day i plan on looking as fashionable and approachable as possible and normal looking too...

and the thing i want to change most is to leave behind my past so people only know me as i am now and cant say stuff like "she used to be a *****/geek/fatty/ugly" etc

hehe and i dont think theres anything wrong with any of that
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm getting my hair cut and will probably make more of an effort in the first couple of weeks aswell. I'm not buying any new clothes and I won't dress any different because then when you tone it down, it's obvious. It's normally obvious when you try too hard anyway.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't make an effort when I started uni and I've done fine for the past 3 years.
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

MB
i'm surprised you didn't say weed :p:

i have bought some new clothes
and will probably buy some more
but that's because i like shopping and shizz, rather then changing who i am

i will get a haircut though, maybe at tony & guy or headmasters if i find a job
Jamin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by paperclip)
i'm surprised you didn't say weed :p:

i have bought some new clothes
and will probably buy some more
but that's because i like shopping and shizz, rather then changing who i am

i will get a haircut though, maybe at tony & guy or headmasters if i find a job
**** and booze should be handy for the first night in halls
Bethany_P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
Sadly I was thinking of doing this, although I rarely smoke. Smokers do have good chat.
This is very true. Smokers do have good chat, and that isn't just me being biased because I smoke. If you're in bar there are usually more interesting people in the smoking areas than elsewhere in the bar. In my opinion and where I live anyway. So yes, cigarettes are an essential!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed