The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nah, I'm just going to slide in with a cigarette smouldering and Foxy Lady playing in the background.
Reply 21
u could use chocolate cigs if u dont smoke! the smokers and the chocoholics would love u and u would look cool!
jeans and a polo?
Reilly
Just wondering cause a lot of my friends are going on about going on a huge shopping trip to buy a "wardrobe for uni" just seems a little silly and strange to me. Was wondering if it was common 0_o

I'm going out to buy a few new clothes before I get to uni, but thats generally because i need some new ones anyway and most of my clothes are casual. I need a few going out clothes as I expect i will go out more at uni.
Im strategically planning to wear clothes!:p:
i will probably buy a few things before uni, simply because i will have the money! i might get my hair done before i go, then i dont have to worry about finding a good hairdresser for a few weeks! i might also get some new glasses, it would be handy to have a spare pair for when i cant find my usual ones.
Reply 26
jimmyshamim1
Im strategically planning to wear clothes!:p:

At least for the first few hours. Then you'll be back to your normal indoor attire (or lack thereof) won't you? :biggrin:
are height increasing insoles noticeable??
i may buy some pyjamas so i have something to walk around in actually...i always just sleep in boxers...
Reply 29
I'll be getting some stuff in the US because I'm going there on holiday. Also, while I'm with my mom, she buys most of my stuff for me while at uni I'd have to buy it from my own money. -_-
I'll be getting two or three things I wouldn't have dared to wear at school but nothing that isn't me. Won't be changing myself.
And I doubt I'll think about what I'll wear till the morning when I have to get dressed. Never do. :P
Reply 30
I really haven't thought about this at all.
I remember thinking similarly to this before starting at a new school for Sixth Form...it lasted for about two days lol before I became lazy and decided I didn't care. :rolleyes:

So most likely the same for Uni I'm guessing, I'd just end up feeling uncomfortable if I radically changed the way I dress or something.
Reply 32
I'm definitely going to go on a massive spree of going out clothes.... when I went to uni last year [didn't last....] I realised I just didn't have enough evening clothes I actually liked. So I'm going to attack Topshop and raid it for all its gorgeous minidresses and silky tops :biggrin:
Will probably just wear my usual look for moving in - casual dress + tights + pumps.
xx
Reply 33
Ariana123
i'm only getting a new wardrobe (Well hardly a wardrobe, a few items) because i hate all the stuff i own now! need a big clearout.......:rolleyes:

Likewise, i'm not changing how i look or whatever for a first impression. It's simple people either like you or they don't. Someone could look good but then they open their mouth....

Thats all i have to say.
Reply 34
I have naturally curly hair, so when I first meet people I always make sure it's at it's nicest curly - because in my head I think it makes me stand out from most other girls (appearance obsessed, hair straightening freaks - OK, freaks might be a bit harsh) and that other people will remember me better.

Hahah, I think it's a bit sad that people would plan their outfit. I'll be wearing what I'm most comfortable in, jeans and blouse/t-shirt/top, especially as I'll be travelling and unpacking everything on the first day.

I will make an effort if I'm going out clubbing or anything in the evenings, but that'll be about it.

I had planned on treating myself to a few items when I first arrive in Nottingham, because there's bugger all available here. It'll be nice to shop in stores that are new to me, and stock something different. I won't be changing myself though, but will probably become more myself if that makes any sense.
lostdoll
I have naturally curly hair, so when I first meet people I always make sure it's at it's nicest curly - because in my head I think it makes me stand out from most other girls (appearance obsessed, hair straightening freaks - OK, freaks might be a bit harsh) and that other people will remember me better.

:dito: but my curly hair is becoming frizzy at the mo,and really light.which is panicking me as I want it nice for uni.:s-smilie:

I'm going to buy some new clothes for Uni,and maybe get my eyebrow peirced too.:smile:
paperclip
i may buy some pyjamas so i have something to walk around in actually...i always just sleep in boxers...

yeah, i was thinking the same thing
We walked around in our boxers all the time in our hall... Just try to keep it low-key and within a reasonable distance - people might ask questions if they spot you picking up the shopping with your tight white boxers on :p:
Reply 38
I'll probably plan what I wear, or just make sure I look my best on the first week. But I'm going to go wearing the clothes I usually wear, I don't want to change myself for uni.
Desperate Prayer
We walked around in our boxers all the time in our hall... Just try to keep it low-key and within a reasonable distance - people might ask questions if they spot you picking up the shopping with your tight white boxers on :p:

you been spying on me? :hmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending