What to wear for university open day? Watch

AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in but don't look like a chav. It's not that deep. If it's LSBU, just wear jeans and a t shirt, hoodie or jumper etc. At the end of the day, it's for you to get a picture of the university so just make sure you're comfortable and definitely not in a suit
simmonds17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by frozen999)
okay enjoy london met
You mean South Bank. Im visiting to see what its like in an open day anyway. No guarantee I will be going as have other universities to visit.
simmonds17
Rep:
?
(Original post by AM_TSR)
Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in but don't look like a chav. It's not that deep. If it's LSBU, just wear jeans and a t shirt, hoodie or jumper etc. At the end of the day, it's for you to get a picture of the university so just make sure you're comfortable and definitely not in a suit
Ok thanks for your help. Yeah i will wear jeans and a t shirt. Also thanks for replying and being helpful as others have not been so kind.
AM_TSR
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by simmonds17)
Ok thanks for your help. Yeah i will wear jeans and a t shirt. Also thanks for replying and being helpful as others have not been so kind.
No worries mate, anytime. Hope you enjoy the open day 👍
simmonds17
Rep:
?
(Original post by AM_TSR)
No worries mate, anytime. Hope you enjoy the open day 👍
Thank you
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry but is there any reason you are deciding to be out of order?
What gave you that impression? I was helping out.
simmonds17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
What gave you that impression? I was helping out.
Sorry i think i replied to the wrong person. My apologies
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know that you can dress casually for open days, but how casual? What have others worn?
tbh for uni (still doing a-levels) i would just wear what i wear on the weekend (jeans and a hoodie)
tacobeth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it depends on the uni, if it was an oxbridge open day then I’d suggest wearing something a bit smarter, for my university open days in the summer I just wore jeans & a top which was the same as what everyone else was wearing.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Would you say jeans or like smart trousers is better?
yes
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's an open day at London South Bank university
No-one cares - just wear some clothes though! Many will wear jeans and trainers - I think some of theses posters are winding you up! I've been to many [I'm a teacher supporting UCAS applications] and I've never seen anyone in a suit.
legallyroyal63
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by frozen999)
Seeing as its a rubbish university just wear anything and also because its london you will see loads of chavs in their nike outfits
Um there’s no need to be so rude. If you don’t have anything encouraging to say then don’t say it. Words online can hurt people. You don’t know anything about OP or what they’re applying for so you can’t determine whether it’s a rubbish university. Sorry OP that you have to deal with this.
legallyroyal63
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jeans and a jumper is absolutely fine to wear to an open day. There is definitely no need for a suit. I went to 6 open days this year and I just wore a t shirt, jeans and trainers to them.
simmonds17
Rep:
?
(Original post by shanelizard)
Um there’s no need to be so rude. If you don’t have anything encouraging to say then don’t say it. Words online can hurt people. You don’t know anything about OP or what they’re applying for so you can’t determine whether it’s a rubbish university. Sorry OP that you have to deal with this.
Thank you so much. Means a lot to me to hear them kind words.
legallyroyal63
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much. Means a lot to me to hear them kind words.
Anytime
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (89)
65.93%
No (46)
34.07%

Watched Threads