Results day so much worse this year? Watch

Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
At GCSE we only needed 5 C's for college, at AS we could re-sit, this time we HAVE to get the grades for our offer or it's all been a waste of time.
Normally on results day i'm kind of excited aswell as anxious because I know I will have done ok and would be happy with C's, but this year I will actually be dreading it!!
Imagining holding the envelope sends shivers down my spine!
What do you all think?
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You havnt a hope in hell.

EDIT: Joke, goodluck!
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel sick!!! I'm so scared!
Arielle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still ****ting it about my GCSE results. I know for medicine you basically need a handful of A*s and basically no B's. I didn't work that hard and now I know my dreams of medicine will be crushed and it's all thanks to my laziness and I'm kicking myself so hard now.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At GCSE, I didn't need anything. I got an A in English and an A in Maths when I took them early and the college I was going to was more than accommodating even if you didn't get Cs. [Then I moved colleges, after results day, to one where you need As in the subjects you want to do - if I'd have been going there in the first place, I guess GCSE results day would have been more stressful lol!]

At AS, I freaked a little on the day (but not before) as you get chucked out if you don't get decent grades.

For A2, I've been freaking about the results since I sat my first exam. I keep having dreams about it and am desperate to know how I did yet frightened too. You know when you try to convince yourself you would be happy with lower grades - well, I'm trying but it isn't working. I've worked (as most people have) so hard these past few years, to fail now would be dreadful.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I guess there is nothing we can do so we must try to forget about it.
sammyrj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just hate the wait.
Crystaltears
Rep:
?
(Original post by affinity89)
.You know when you try to convince yourself you would be happy with lower grades - well, I'm trying but it isn't working.
I normally do that, but I need ABB, so I won't be happier with lower grades lol!
I usually try and convince myself I have done worse than I actually think I have, so when I do crap I am prepared for it. This year it won't make any difference whether i'm prepared for it or not - I still won't be in Uni!

Good luck aswell! Do you think you have made your offer? What do you need?
onthejubileeline
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm just pretending that it's not going to happen. Denial is so wonderful.
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arielle)
I'm still ****ting it about my GCSE results. I know for medicine you basically need a handful of A*s and basically no B's. I didn't work that hard and now I know my dreams of medicine will be crushed and it's all thanks to my laziness and I'm kicking myself so hard now.
If it's any consolation that is entirely untrue
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wait till you get to uni!!!
On my degree (mpharm), you get one chance to resit each exam and if you fail you're back to square one and can only repeat 2 years cos you've got to complete it in 6... pressure's on lol
zeropoint
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by onthejubileeline)
It is, as is alcohol.
onthejubileeline
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zeropoint)
It is, as is alcohol.
The two work delightfully well together, don'tcha think?
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm very excited about results day, okay, i'm not like the usual TSRer who's gonna get all A's, i'll be over the moon with all B's but i still reckon i'll do alright.

Hoping i get BBC, but i really want BBB
Crystaltears
Rep:
?
(Original post by LearningMath)
You havnt a hope in hell.

EDIT: Joke, goodluck!
Haha!! Did your conscience get the better of you lol?
Thanks, same to you
Charlybob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by onthejubileeline)
Yeah I'm pretty much going with the same thing.

There's a little bit of trying to reassure myself that I don't need to get the grades they say either. Keeping reading the stuff about being let in with lower grades.Trying to persuade myself that I could get in with even lower by moving the courses down to a BSc from an MMath.

It doesn't work though. I'm dreading it all.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm really worried about GCSE results day because of Maths. I've struggled with Maths ever since yr8 & haven't exactly had great teachers. I keep having nightmares I'll get a D, and seeing as the 6th form I've got a place at doesn't offer re-takes, I'd have to take a year out, re-take it at College & then do yr12. The 6 A*-C bit is no problem though, I already have an A & a B [not cashed in] guarenteed.
pork products
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am trying not to think about it, I will be happy with bcc but really want acc

lol still not sure if I am going to uni so that isnt such a big issue as it is for some people
Crystaltears
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlybob)
There's a little bit of trying to reassure myself that I don't need to get the grades they say either.
Yeah, that's the current coping method i'm using. "It will be fine, I will just call them up on results day and beg for a place and they will let me in "
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My school doesn't even give you the results in an envelope, they're just loose - people can leaf through them looking for their own; I'll get there, and people will be telling me what I got before I even get a chance to see them.

It's torturous! I'd better get bloody good results... or I'll die of shame!
matty600
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
At GCSE, I didn't need anything. I got an A in English and an A in Maths when I took them early and the college I was going to was more than accommodating even if you didn't get Cs. [Then I moved colleges, after results day, to one where you need As in the subjects you want to do - if I'd have been going there in the first place, I guess GCSE results day would have been more stressful lol!]

At AS, I freaked a little on the day (but not before) as you get chucked out if you don't get decent grades.

For A2, I've been freaking about the results since I sat my first exam. I keep having dreams about it and am desperate to know how I did yet frightened too. You know when you try to convince yourself you would be happy with lower grades - well, I'm trying but it isn't working. I've worked (as most people have) so hard these past few years, to fail now would be dreadful.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I guess there is nothing we can do so we must try to forget about it.
I so keep doing that lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise