Uni Question Watch

CM Punk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
are there some days during the week (mon-fri) when there are no lectures/seminars etc? im thinking of getting a job while at uni.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the uni. I had Sundays off, and that's all.
Lacks Organisation
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, some people do. I had stuff on Monday-Friday but was free at weekends. I think that's the case for most people, but some might get a week day off too if their timetable works out that way.
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im guessing you wont know until you get your timetable.

Once i do that's when ill be considering a job. maybe just 10-15 hours a week.
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most uni students only get evening work I think, or if you get one afternoon off a week (which most do, for sports etc) then you can fit a few hours work in there. Apart from that I'd recommend trying to get Sunday work (Saturday may not be a good idea if you plan on going out on Friday nights lol)
Persipan
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There might be - but even if there are, you can't necessarily guarantee that your timetable will remain the same throughout the year (as some modules finish and others begin). You could look for early morning work (like cleaning), or evenings (convenience store/off licence type jobs), or concentrate on weekends, and then you know you'll be OK.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Often wednesday afternoon is kept free
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We were told at interview we would be studying four days a week and have a 'reading day' (apparently normally wednesday), but it's down to each uni and each course.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had Wednesday, Thursday and obveously the weekend off, pretty cushy, and most of the lectures and seminars i didnt bother attending, so from christmas onwards i pretty much had every day of every week off, was awesome
WoWZa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on your course, uni and timetabling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads