riaaree
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi everyone,
I am in year 13 and I have my mocks in the next few weeks however my preferred method of revision will take longer than a few weeks to work as each subject has over 500 flashcards to learn. does anyone have any quick revision techniques I could do to revise the whole of the USA (1952-92) topic?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by riaaree)
hi everyone,
I am in year 13 and I have my mocks in the next few weeks however my preferred method of revision will take longer than a few weeks to work as each subject has over 500 flashcards to learn. does anyone have any quick revision techniques I could do to revise the whole of the USA (1952-92) topic?
Just make notes or read your existing ones. Everyone has their own method, but revision notes are merely condensed flashnotes.
I quite like mindmaps and timelines for History as they give you the framework to answer questions. You wouldnt need to do the whole of the topic 75% will be enough based on the way they ask questions.
riaaree
Rep:
?
okay thank you, I will focus solely on the presidents' accomplishments (legislations) and key events like the civil rights movement

(Original post by 999tigger)
Just make notes or read your existing ones. Everyone has their own method, but revision notes are merely condensed flashnotes.
I quite like mindmaps and timelines for History as they give you the framework to answer questions. You wouldnt need to do the whole of the topic 75% will be enough based on the way they ask questions.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
okay thank you, I will focus solely on the presidents' accomplishments (legislations) and key events like the civil rights movement
You can only do what you can do in the time available. the teacher mioght drop hints about the extent of the revision you need.
riaaree
Rep:
?
You can only do what you can do in the time available. the teacher mioght drop hints about the extent of the revision you need.
hopefully, or at least tell me what to ignore. quick question, do you (or anyone reading) have the book its called 'democracies in change', is the key topics to know in bolder lettering than those in not? if that makes sense. also, how do you know what's important as my last mock I got a question on Reaganomics about the budget deficit. so I'm guessing that won't come up again as we have been tested on it, and hopefully won't come up in 2020 as it already been a question for 2019 I believe (warning: word vomit!)
keatsian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could still make flashcards if you use a program like Quizlet to make electronic flashcards, assuming you hand write yours
riaaree
Rep:
?
(Original post by keatsian)
You could still make flashcards if you use a program like Quizlet to make electronic flashcards, assuming you hand write yours
yes, all my history is handwritten. my sociology is on quizlet and some quotes for eng lit.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
hopefully, or at least tell me what to ignore. quick question, do you (or anyone reading) have the book its called 'democracies in change', is the key topics to know in bolder lettering than those in not? if that makes sense. also, how do you know what's important as my last mock I got a question on Reaganomics about the budget deficit. so I'm guessing that won't come up again as we have been tested on it, and hopefully won't come up in 2020 as it already been a question for 2019 I believe (warning: word vomit!)
No idea. some people prepare topics, but it can be risky.
You must have known these were coming over the summer. As I said timelines and mindmaps are the things I found most useful.
riaaree
Rep:
?
You must have known these were coming over the summer. As I said timelines and mindmaps are the things I found most useful.
i thought they would be in January which is why I booked off 2 weeks off of work. but hey ho i can only do my best
Taijahcydneyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes, all my history is handwritten. my sociology is on quizlet and some quotes for eng lit.
Do you remember any of the questions if you sat the unification of Germany or Civil rights?
riaaree
Rep:
?
(Original post by Taijahcydneyy)
Do you remember any of the questions if you sat the unification of Germany or Civil rights?
No sorry I did Britain transformed and USA conformity and challenge
Taijahcydneyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No sorry I did Britain transformed and USA conformity and challenge
Oh okay no problem thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads