is there a reliable/conclusive test for lyme disease? Watch

Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
if so, what's it called? there are so many conflicting opinions on the web.
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you have erythema migrans that's a pretty big sign
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The best tests are done in Germany at ArminLabs, unfortunately the UK testing regime is not very good.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glaz)
If you have erythema migrans that's a pretty big sign
hmm, yeah, but not everyone gets the rash, right?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
The best tests are done in Germany at ArminLabs, unfortunately the UK testing regime is not very good.
thought so, lol.
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
thought so, lol.
You will have to do it privately.

What makes you think you have it if you don't mind me asking?
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
hmm, yeah, but not everyone gets the rash, right?
It's seen in about 80% of cases in Europe
Ciel.
Rep:
?
You will have to do it privately.

What makes you think you have it if you don't mind me asking?
oh, so it is available in the uk? i don't ever bother with nhs doctors, anyway. i'm not sure if i do, it's just an idea. i feel tired af, feverish, shivery all the damn time. it's been going on for months. i feel like i have a flu that never ends, just without the rest of the symptoms like cough etc. brain fog, altho that could possibly be caused by valium, light/noise sensitivity.
(Original post by Glaz)
It's seen in about 80% of cases in Europe
i see. thanks.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you're worried, go see a doctor. Don't post on TSR, because whilst there are doctors here, they can't physically examine you and stuff.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glaz)
If you're worried, go see a doctor. Don't post on TSR, because whilst there are doctors here, they can't physically examine you and stuff.
they're no help most of the time. if your basic blood work isn't critically bad, they're lost. lol
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
they're no help most of the time. if your basic blood work isn't critically bad, they're lost. lol
I... no
ecolier
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
oh, so it is available in the uk? i don't ever bother with nhs doctors, anyway. i'm not sure if i do, it's just an idea. i feel tired af, feverish, shivery all the damn time. it's been going on for months. i feel like i have a flu that never ends, just without the rest of the symptoms like cough etc. brain fog, altho that could possibly be caused by valium, light/noise sensitivity.
I believe you can have it arranged if you are covered on private medical insurance.

It could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is often misdiagnosed as Lyme Disease.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
I believe you can have it arranged if you are covered on private medical insurance.

It could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is often misdiagnosed as Lyme Disease.
i've head about it. but idk, i think in many cases there's an actual underlying cause that just doesn't get discovered. but who knows. the human body is so damn confusing.
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i've head about it. but idk, i think in many cases there's an actual underlying cause that just doesn't get discovered. but who knows. the human body is so damn confusing.
Only going to know if you can find a GP that gives flying ****.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Only going to know if you can find a GP that gives flying ****.
yeah. and that's no easy task... even the private ones can be very dismissive. "oh, it's probably a) your vegetarian diet, b) the meds you're on c) stress" usually i just get one of those. lol.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
yeah. and that's no easy task... even the private ones can be very dismissive. "oh, it's probably a) your vegetarian diet, b) the meds you're on c) stress" usually i just get one of those. lol.
Is quite common to be told these things when it's a chronic illness (even post-diagnosis). They just want easy answers which sorta sucks.

I'm sorry you're struggling. :console:
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Is quite common to be told these things when it's a chronic illness (even post-diagnosis). They just want easy answers which sorta sucks.

I'm sorry you're struggling. :console:
yeah, it does. it's so frustrating!
thanks <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads