The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Economics 2020 Applicants Offers/Rejected

Hello,

Has anyone received any updates on their admission to Warwick to study Economics. I haven't heard back yet (applied on 11th October)

Currently on my gap year, in my A-Levels I got
A* Maths
A Physics (Retaking this year with predicted A*)
A French

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dudders101
Hello,

Has anyone received any updates on their admission to Warwick to study Economics. I haven't heard back yet (applied on 11th October)

Currently on my gap year, in my A-Levels I got
A* Maths
A Physics (Retaking this year with predicted A*)
A French

Hi there,

I haven’t heard back yet (I applied at a similar time to you, for Econ & IO), but from the offer holders thread around 10 people have. However, Warwick categorically say most applicants will hear back in January as the course is so competitive. Best of luck with your application!

(Check out the Warwick Applicants 2020 thread if you’d like to meet other Warwick Econ applicants by the way!)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi, your predicted grades are strong - I achieved those grades and got in on results day (I’ve deferred a year so am on my gap year). I got my offer back in January this year and submitted around the same time as you last year so Stay positive! Keep me posted if you hear anything - we might even meet each other next September if you get in
Reply 3
Hello, thank you for the message! Good luck with your application too!
Reply 4
Original post by Sophee7
Hi, your predicted grades are strong - I achieved those grades and got in on results day (I’ve deferred a year so am on my gap year). I got my offer back in January this year and submitted around the same time as you last year so Stay positive! Keep me posted if you hear anything - we might even meet each other next September if you get in

Hello, thank you for the message and congrats on your offer! Will try and keep you posted and yh would be lit to meet each other If I get in!
Reply 5
Thankyou :smile: I’m already excited to start even though it’s in like 10 months haha. Fingers crossed you get in 🤞 You definitely seem to be a strong candidate especially with you predicted another a* in physics resit and you already having 2 excellent grades in your a levels will make you appealing to the uni :smile: 😉
Got an offer last Tuesday)
Hey guys,
I’m applying for Economics, Politics and International Studies. My predicted grade is 45 IB. Has anyone already received any offer for this course?
Original post by Rach190505
Hey guys,
I’m applying for Economics, Politics and International Studies. My predicted grade is 45 IB. Has anyone already received any offer for this course?

That's amazing! I'm sure you'll get one soon, but Warwick is notoriously late with replying to offers. I have an unconditional for Philosophy, Politics and Economics starting in 2020 btw.
Hey everyone! I know I’m on the wrong thread since this is for eco but couldn’t find a thread for global sustainable development 2020. Does anyone know if there’s a thread for it or if GSD offers are out? I had to send in a second SOP and there was a mixup where they (accidentally) sent me a mail saying I hadn’t given my second SOP in so I’m worried that that might be what’s causing the hold up. Any info would be rlly appreciated- Thanks!
Hey! Just got an offer for Economics, Politics and International studies w/ a predicted 43 IB Diploma score. How are you all feeling?
Hey guys,

Congrats on the predicted! Hope you hear back :smile:
Original post by WeBeenKnew
Hey! Just got an offer for Economics, Politics and International studies w/ a predicted 43 IB Diploma score. How are you all feeling?

That’s awesome! When did you apply?
Reply 13
i am going to apply to economics l100 this week, gl everyone
Original post by Yw88
i am going to apply to economics l100 this week, gl everyone

best of luck too!
That’s awesome! When did you apply?

October 15th!
(edited 4 years ago)
Applied for L100 Econ at Warwick, application went off this week! :smile:

Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Econ and Chem
Also applied to Notts, Bath, UCL and Southampton

Have I got a decent shot at getting in?

Also, good luck to everyone else!
Wanted to get an idea

But I'm predicted A* AA in Econ math and history respectively and am applying for Economics Politics and International relations. And I have got an 8 in GCSE Math which I think it asks for

Firstly is it a competitive course and secondly would I be able to get a reasonable shot at an offer ( I applied late Oct)
Original post by namyaprabhakar
That's amazing! I'm sure you'll get one soon, but Warwick is notoriously late with replying to offers. I have an unconditional for Philosophy, Politics and Economics starting in 2020 btw.

Hey that is amazing how did you get an unconditional??
Reply 19
Hey! Congrats on everyone who've got offers, don't worry if you haven't heard back yet... they're usually on it by January 15th onwards, so no news is good news :smile: I got an offer for Econ - applied on the 11th oct, got an offer of AAB.. predicted grades are A* A* A C in maths, economics, physics and further maths respectively :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest