Apply to Warwick = bye~Oxbridge ? Watch

Liliahh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I heard this from my friend's brother, he is a really strong candidate and because he had applied to oxbridge as one of his options, he got rejected by Warwick straight away..I just wondering if everybody here who holds an offer from Warwick (Especially those from Maths, Stats and Ecno departments) did actually apply to Oxbridge, too? and did u questioned about it in the interview? what did u say? Or will they just reject you if the UCAS form was submited before 15 Oct?...
Thanks a lot.
EvenStevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You wouldn't get questioned on what other universities you've applied to in interviews.
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How would they know that you applied to Warwick? It sounds like your brother is trying to make excuses for his rejection (which he needn't).
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They have no idea were else you have applied, and won't ask either. Sounds like rubbish to be honest.
El Matematico
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Warwick won't know where else you've applied to, (this has been the case since those applying for 2005 entry I believe). Lots of people on the maths course apply to Warwick and Oxbridge and still get offers from Warwick.
-WhySoSerious?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kater Murr)
How would they know that you applied to Warwick? It sounds like your brother is trying to make excuses for his rejection (which he needn't).
That.

Other universities can't even see what other ones you've applied to anyway...
Liliahh
Rep:
?
so if I apply to oxbridge and Warwick, Warwick will unlikely to reject me because I've also applied to oxbridge?
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not got an offer for Maths, but Warwick was the first university to give me an offer - and they might have known I'd applied to Oxbridge, having sent my application on 4th October.

My friend Sam's got an offer for Natsci at Cambridge, and still got an offer for Maths at Warwick, which was also his first reply.
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Liliahh)
so if I apply to oxbridge and Warwick, Warwick will unlikely to reject me because I've also applied to oxbridge?
If they reject you it will be nothing to do with anywhere else you have applied.
El Matematico
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Warwick wont know that youve applied to Oxbridge.
Y__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I heard this from my friend's brother, he is a really strong candidate and because he had applied to oxbridge as one of his options, he got rejected straight away..I just wondering if everybody here who holds an offer from WW (Especially those from Maths, Stats and Ecno departments) did actually apply to Oxbridge, too? and did u questioned about it in the interview? what did u say? Or will they just reject you if the UCAS form was submited before 15 Oct?...
Thanks a lot.
I have applied to both Cambridge and Warwick for Maths (obv. before 15 Oct) and am currently holding offers from both of them, as do LOTS of people on these forums. What your brother is telling you is ********.

edit: Regarding the interview, no, they do not question you about your unversity choices.
Liliahh
Rep:
?
That's great........lol thanks a lot...................and,,,It's not my brother btw~lol~
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Utterly irrelevant, but at my QMUL interview, the guy asked me where else I had applied.
Then, when I told him I was accepted into Goldsmiths, he asked me what my grade requirements were, and then said he was totally shocked when I told him they were ABB. He was like: "Are you sure?? Are you sure that's what they want? That's so high for them!"
Liliahh
Rep:
?
lol.......that guy is sooo funny............
If I predicted AAAB in FM, M, Phy, Mus (got B because our Music Teacher broke his leg after we took the Jan modules and still not back yet....), in which I do independent study on FM(my maths teacher indicated that for me in the report and had wrote that I've gained top grades in my Maths Modules etc), will I be likely to get an offer from Warwick in this case ?(I did rubbish in my GCSE with few A*-A few B and few Cs..) I want to do MORSE
Totally Tom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got an offer from Warwick after applying to oxbridge.

I don't think any of these myths can be taken seriously.

just to clarify something also, MORSE is not a Maths degree, or anything like or near a Maths degree. It's a business/actuarial/finance degree. If you are interested in Maths you should really look at the Maths degree instead. I thought I would want to do morse at the beginning on last year and then I realized that a huge part of the course isn't anything to do with Maths.

qgujxj39
Report 10 years ago
Bull, ****.
pyrolol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Warwick give maths offers to anyone who could possibly meet it. If you have any chance of AAAA / AAB2, you'll get one, basically.

I'm amazed QMUL asked that... I thought they weren't even allowed to!
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Universities don't know what other Uni's you've applied to anymore...not since they got rid of the first/second/third choice system a few years ago.

They can ask in the interview, but you don't have to tell them.
francescarella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my mate's got an offer for warwick for maths (its his firm). he applied to cambrige. got interviewed, pooled then rejected.
francescarella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Utterly irrelevant, but at my QMUL interview, the guy asked me where else I had applied.
Then, when I told him I was accepted into Goldsmiths, he asked me what my grade requirements were, and then said he was totally shocked when I told him they were ABB. He was like: "Are you sure?? Are you sure that's what they want? That's so high for them!"
OMG at my interview at QM for drama the guy asked me where else i had applied and what offers! luckily at that point i'd only got my royal holloway offer and didnt know about central or manchester yet. i was a bit shocked they were allowed to ask that but oh well:p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads