Starving and broke Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I need to know how I can find a job or just ways to get money because currently jobs are rejecting me bc I have no experience and I can’t get experience if I don’t have a job?? I’m stressing out as I am on my last £45 and don’t know how I’ll be able to survive.
Due to personal matters my parents have disowned me but I still live with them (I pay them rent)
I have to pay my phone bills and rent so money is a huge issue atm especially because I’m only living on can food and I don’t think I want to live like this anymore
Please help me
UoD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sell any items you have of value for some holding money to keep you going for a week or two whilst you make money-plans long term.

If you can't be bothered selling online and waiting around, CEX is good. They'll pay you same day.

Tell your friends, classmates, lecturers etc your current predicament and sell your time or talent to them. If they care, they'll be happy to part with £10, £20, £30 for you to wash their car, run an errand and do some other sh*tty task they can't be bothered to do themselves. Extra holding money.

Whilst you have that holding money, use it for bus fares to every small-scale business you can spot. Ask for work, sell yourself. If they're useless; email 50 small-scale businesses a day until somebody says yes.

Your holding money may only keep you going for a few days to a few weeks, so you got to hit the pedal and get moving.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by UoD)
Sell any items you have of value for some holding money to keep you going for a week or two whilst you make money-plans long term.

If you can't be bothered selling online and waiting around, CEX is good. They'll pay you same day.

Tell your friends, classmates, lecturers etc your current predicament and sell your time or talent to them. If they care, they'll be happy to part with £10, £20, £30 for you to wash their car, run an errand and do some other sh*tty task they can't be bothered to do themselves. Extra holding money.

Whilst you have that holding money, use it for bus fares to every small-scale business you can spot. Ask for work, sell yourself. If they're useless; email 50 small-scale businesses a day until somebody says yes.

Your holding money may only keep you going for a few days to a few weeks, so you got to hit the pedal and get moving.
Thank you! I’m currently trying to sell clothes and other items I own but it’s a very long process. I don’t own anything that will sell for a lot but right now every penny counts I guess.
We’ve moved to a whole new town so I don’t have close friends. And i just feel so embarrassed telling people my situation which is why I came to TSR. Thank you for the advice!
aerey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try to find out if there are any food banks nearby you could go to. Theres no shame in going if you've got nowhere else to get food from. Otherwise go shopping at clearance times at big supermarkets, try making your own food as it can be cheaper, look for the cheapest alternative there is and prepare meals before you go out. Buying a big bag of pasta or rice will ensure you have food for a few meals and each portion will be cheap.

Keep applying for jobs, give as much availability as you can and don't be fussy about wages. You might be able to get away with making up some achievements and work experience if you have nothing - as long as it sounds realistic and minimal they probably won't check it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads