LoGrTh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing an EPQ on abortion. If anyone could please fill out my questionnaire I would really appreciate it and I understand that it is a long questionnaire. This questionnaire is looking at attitudes towards abortion. Please complete this survey with your honest view. All answers will be kept confidential and if any of the questions are too sensitive, you have the right to withdraw at any time. Thank you.

1) Please tick your age group.
[ ] 16 years or younger
[ ] 16-25
[ ] 26-35
[ ] 35-49
[ ] 50 years or older

2)Please tick your gender. [ ] Male [ ] Female [ ] Prefer not to say

3) Please tick your religion, if applicable.
[ ] Muslim [ ] Christian [ ] Catholic [ ] Judaism [ ] Hindu [ ] Sikh [ ] Not religious (atheist)
[ ] Other ………………….

4) What does your religion say about abortion? (Please only answer if you ticked an answer to question 3)

5) Does your religion influence your view and opinion on abortion? (Please only answer if you completed question 4)

6) Do you agree with abortion? Please tick your opinion on this scale. (If sometimes or always is ticked please proceed to question 8)
[ ] Yes [ ] Depends [ ] Never [ ] Not sure

7) Why do not agree or are you not sure about abortion?

8) Do you agree with the 24 Week (6 months) deadline of abortions in the UK?
[ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not sure

9) When do you think life begins?
[ ] At conception (when the egg is fertilised)
[ ] At 12 weeks of pregnancy
[ ] At 24 weeks of pregnancy (deadline of abortions)
[ ] At birth
[ ] Not sure

10) Do you think abortion should be legal in the UK? (If you ticked not sure please proceed to question 12)
[ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not sure

11) Please explain your answer to question 10.

12) Do you think the father should have a voice in the decision of the abortion? [ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not sure

13) Please explain your answer to question 12.

14) Do you think abortion can be considered as murder? (If not sure proceed to question 15)
[ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Depends on the circumstances [ ] Not sure

15) Why do you think this?

16) What influenced your opinion on abortion? (You can tick more than one and if 'not sure' is ticked proceed to question 17)
[ ] My morals [ ] My religion [ ] People’s opinions [ ] The media
[ ] Not sure
[ ] Other ……………………….

17) How did this affect your opinion?

18) Under what circumstances do you think abortion should be allowed? (You can tick more than one!)
[ ] The pregnancy will result in the Mother suffering from mental health conditions e.g depression
[ ] The pregnancy will cause the Mother physical health problems e.g she will die if she doesn’t get an abortion
[ ] There is a one child policy (like in China) and you can not have more than one child.
[ ] A woman that is having an affair
[ ] When the abortion is at a very early stage
[ ] The pregnancy is a result of crime (rape or incest)
[ ] Under no circumstances
[ ] Not sure
[ ] Other ……………………….
wildsycamore
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Please tick your age group.
[✓] 16 years or younger
[ ] 16-25
[ ] 26-35
[ ] 35-49
[ ] 50 years or older

2)Please tick your gender. [ ] Male [✓] Female [ ] Prefer not to say

3) Please tick your religion, if applicable.
[ ] Muslim [ ] Christian [ ] Catholic [ ] Judaism [ ] Hindu [ ] Sikh [✓] Not religious (atheist)
[ ] Other ………………….

4) What does your religion say about abortion? (Please only answer if you ticked an answer to question 3)
N/A: I am not religious.

5) Does your religion influence your view and opinion on abortion? (Please only answer if you completed question 4)
N/A: I am not religious.

6) Do you agree with abortion? Please tick your opinion on this scale. (If sometimes or always is ticked please proceed to question 8)
[✓] Yes [ ] Depends [ ] Never [ ] Not sure

7) Why do not agree or are you not sure about abortion?
The wording of this question is a little confusing. I think abortion should be allowed because I value bodily autonomy very highly. I do not think a foetus is worthy of moral consideration until it becomes conscious.

8) Do you agree with the 24 Week (6 months) deadline of abortions in the UK?
[✓] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not sure

9) When do you think life begins?
[ ] At conception (when the egg is fertilised)
[ ] At 12 weeks of pregnancy
[✓] At 24 weeks of pregnancy (deadline of abortions)
[ ] At birth
[ ] Not sure

10) Do you think abortion should be legal in the UK? (If you ticked not sure please proceed to question 12)
[✓] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not sure

11) Please explain your answer to question 10.
I value bodily autonomy very highly. A foetus is not worthy of moral consideration until it becomes conscious.

12) Do you think the father should have a voice in the decision of the abortion? [ ] Yes [✓] No [ ] Not sure

13) Please explain your answer to question 12.
It isn't his body. This isn't about genetics, it's about whose body is being affected.

14) Do you think abortion can be considered as murder? (If not sure proceed to question 15)
[ ] Yes [✓] No [ ] Depends on the circumstances [ ] Not sure

15) Why do you think this?
I don't regard a foetus as a person.

16) What influenced your opinion on abortion? (You can tick more than one and if 'not sure' is ticked proceed to question 17)
[✓] My morals [ ] My religion [ ] People’s opinions [ ] The media
[ ] Not sure
[ ] Other ……………………….

17) How did this affect your opinion?
I value bodily autonomy. I do not value a foetus before it is conscious, because it is not capable of suffering.

18) Under what circumstances do you think abortion should be allowed? (You can tick more than one!)
[✓] The pregnancy will result in the Mother suffering from mental health conditions e.g depression
[✓] The pregnancy will cause the Mother physical health problems e.g she will die if she doesn’t get an abortion
[✓] There is a one child policy (like in China) and you can not have more than one child.
[✓] A woman that is having an affair
[✓] When the abortion is at a very early stage
[✓] The pregnancy is a result of crime (rape or incest)
[ ] Under no circumstances
[ ] Not sure
[✓] When a woman is pregnant and no longer wants to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.07%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (124)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.35%

Watched Threads