Please help! School network down on deadline day. Watch

loopin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! I've got a question I can't seem to find the answer to myself... Thought this place might be able to help

My friend tried to submit his BTEC Level 3 assignment yesterday at school, yesterday was deadline day. However, the whole school network was down yesterday - meaning we couldn't access our files, the school VLE or send emails.

He, and a number of other students, including myself have sent emails to the teacher regarding the network being down, but according to our outgoing mailboxes, none of them have been sent.

Later that night, my friend receives a phone call from the teacher saying he will have failed if he does not submit his work. Keep in mind - our access to our school work is restricted due to the network being down.

My question is: is there anything in place to ensure schools cannot fail a student who is unable to submit their work as a result of the school's incapability?

Another thing to note is, our teacher changed the deadline for the assignment about ~2 weeks in, from November the 7th to November the 4th, stating that "he must have got the dates wrong", however - our assignment brief clearly defines the deadline as November the 7th.

I remember reading a BTEC document which stated what the teacher's/centre's responsibility is, but I cannot find it. We're doing the BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Information Technology for those wondering.

Any help or comments on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.
sharer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go above him to your school's head first and speak to them. Ask what the procedure is in this circumstance. If they cannot answer then ask what the official complaint procedure is
henleykt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its generally your responsibility to get it in on time. We always get a warning to not wait until deadline day because it problems happen and if it does and you don’t submit it’s still considered late
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.37%
Labour (117)
39.8%
Liberal Democrats (60)
20.41%
Green Party (22)
7.48%
Brexit Party (8)
2.72%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.7%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)