Not getting enough sleep Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm in my final year of sixth form and I'm currently have mock exams in a few days. I'm very stressed at the moment and I'm loosing sleep. There are even days where I wake up very early and not sleep for the rest of the night (e.g go sleep at 11pm and wake up at 1am). On normal school days, I'm getting on average 4-6 hours of sleep. On a exam day, I'm so stressed I just pull an all-nighter and then sleep when I come from school/exam.

I want to visit my GP as I'm 18, however I still live with my parents and they're all subjective about "mental sleep disorders".

For more clarification, I'm studying Computing Science (which I've achieved a D*), psychology which I'm just attaining a C and sociology which I'm failing.

What should I do?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
take a day off really, and do go to the GP- explain to your parents that you're just getting advice on how to sleep better or something.

goodluck my man
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i know someone who took kalms during a level exams, said it helped calm down but gave him very vivid dreams

there are other alternatives available too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
i know someone who took kalms during a level exams, said it helped calm down but gave him very vivid dreams

there are other alternatives available too
Took kalms like yesterday, made my anxiety way worse

Kalms Day 84 tablets.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Took kalms like yesterday, made my anxiety way worse

Kalms Day 84 tablets.
lmao rip
Anonymous #1
take a day off really, and do go to the GP- explain to your parents that you're just getting advice on how to sleep better or something.

goodluck my man
Sitting on 90% attendance and I know attendance plays a huge role in University applications
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
lmao rip
I wanna take a day off and just chill for alittle bit, but my attendance is on 90% which isn't that great tbh
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Given that you're 18 your parents don't need to know if you go to your GP.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm in my final year of sixth form and I'm currently have mock exams in a few days. I'm very stressed at the moment and I'm loosing sleep. There are even days where I wake up very early and not sleep for the rest of the night (e.g go sleep at 11pm and wake up at 1am). On normal school days, I'm getting on average 4-6 hours of sleep. On a exam day, I'm so stressed I just pull an all-nighter and then sleep when I come from school/exam.

I want to visit my GP as I'm 18, however I still live with my parents and they're all subjective about "mental sleep disorders".

For more clarification, I'm studying Computing Science (which I've achieved a D*), psychology which I'm just attaining a C and sociology which I'm failing.

What should I do?
Hey I can assure you that if you get enough sleep (at least 8 hours) then you will start to see yourself improving in every way
Anonymous #1
I sleep for like 11 hours on weekends, but as soon as school starts, I loose sleep dramatically.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Sitting on 90% attendance and I know attendance plays a huge role in University applications
i meant a break from studying, be in college, but just take a day off from homework and studying. i never do anything on fridays and it helps
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I sleep for like 11 hours on weekends, but as soon as school starts, I loose sleep dramatically.
Get into a routine then, don’t oversleep on weekends and sleep 8 hours every single day
Lily3146
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

What should I do?
I think it may be important to find a way to reduce your stress levels (may sound impossible during exams I know). I struggle with this a lot too but haven't really found a solution. The only things I can suggest trying (which have helped me a little) are:
1. writing down why you are worried/anxious before you sleep (or earlier if it it will make you feel more stressed)
2. talking to someone (family, friends, counsellor) about why you are stressed (and maybe brainstorming with them what might help to make you feel less stressed)
3. developing a good sleep routine; so going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time, relaxing before you sleep, making sure you give yourself enough time to wind down from revision/work (i.e. an hour or half an hour before bed)
4. exercising during the day (or even just going for a walk for 20 minutes)
Apologies for the long list! I hope something helps. Not getting enough sleep is awful. Visiting your GP sounds like a good idea. As for your parents, I wouldn't tell them more than you feel like comfortable with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads