Stress Awareness Week: How does music help you de-stress? Watch

I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The power of music... :blow:

For many people music plays a big role in their lives. Music can have a profound effect on both the emotions and the body. For example listening to slow, quite classical music can be tremendously relaxing. There have been many studies into the effects of music and its proven that music can have a beneficial effect on our physiological functions, slowing the pulse rate and heart rate, lowering blood pressure and decreasing the levels of stress hormones. In short music can act as a powerful stress management tool in our lives. It essentially absorbs our attention, acting as a distraction st the same time as helping us explore our emotions. Meaning it can help with meditation, preventing the mind from wandering.:music:

For me personally music plays a significant role in my life. Whenever I'm stressed , upset :hide: , scared or angry I always turn to music as I feel it really does help control and release all my emotions. It brings some form of calmness and gives me a fresh breathe of air, helping me tackle any issue. The impacts of it are truly great to me :heart:

So what about you guys :beard: What is the impact of music on you? is music a powerful calming tool to you? Do you use music to de-stress? And what sorts of genres/songs do you listen to that you find help you when you're in the dark, feel free to post them below

Have a look at the link below for more info and tests you can take to understand the power of music! :

https://www.unr.edu/counseling/virtu...power-of-music
Last edited by DrawTheLine; 1 week ago
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
The power of music... :blow:

For many people music plays a big role in their lives. Music can have a profound effect on both the emotions and the body. For example listening to slow, quite classical music can be tremendously relaxing. There have been many studies into the effects of music and its proven that music can have a beneficial effect on our physiological functions, slowing the pulse rate and heart rate, lowering blood pressure and decreasing the levels of stress hormones. In short music can act as a powerful stress management tool in our lives. It essentially absorbs our attention, acting as a distraction st the same time as helping us explore our emotions. Meaning it can help with meditation, preventing the mind from wandering.:music:

For me personally music plays a significant role in my life. Whenever I'm stressed , upset :hide: , scared or angry I always turn to music as I feel it really does help control and release all my emotions. It brings some form of calmness and gives me a fresh breathe of air, helping me tackle any issue. The impacts of it are truly great to me :heart:

So what about you guys :beard: What is the impact of music on you? is music a powerful calming tool to you? Do you use music to de-stress? And what sorts of genres/songs do you listen to that you find help you when you're in the dark, feel free to post them below

Have a look at the link below for more info and tests you can take to understand the power of music! :

https://www.unr.edu/counseling/virtu...power-of-music
For me I use music as background music, before I have a shift I can get a bjt anxious though so I'll normally play some of those calming music playlists on spotify. I find music without words is better for that.

I often play it in the background like when completing coursework so it can help with that a bit. Sometimes dance type music can distract me as well if I ever feel a bit nervous but that depends where I am
Last edited by Chronoscope; 6 days ago
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
For me I use music as background music, before I have a shift I can get a bjt anxious though so I'll normally play some of those calming music playlists on spotify. I find music without words is better for that.

I often play it in the background like when completing coursework so it can help with that a bit. Sometimes dance type music can distract me as well if I ever feel a bit nervous but that depends where I am
Calming music seems to do the trick :yep: yes I find ones with lyrics acc distract me with work. But if I'm just listening to shift my mood ones with meaningful deep lyrics help, as I feel some form of connection
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Posting to subscribe, so that I can answer this later when I've got a bit more energy
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Posting to subscribe, so that I can answer this later when I've got a bit more energy
No worries :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (124)
63.27%
No (72)
36.73%

Watched Threads