The Student Room Group
Original post by EllieLouise_
I’m currently in year 12 and I am definitely wanting to progress to University to get a law degree. I have been researching Universities and have taken a liking to: Cambridge, York, Durham, Keele, Lancaster. However, I’m unsure on what particular universities are best to study law and equally are well respected. Please could you recommend any below :smile:

Best you can get into will very much depend on your predicted grades which it is probably too early to say. Are you likely to get the grades for Cambridge,Durham or York? If so, you should be thinking about booking Open Days later this year so you can find out more about them and see which ones feel right to you
What sorts of grades are you on track for? It’s too early because you’re in Yr12 but grades and whether you’re willing to do the LNAT are big factors
Original post by dyingstudent101
What sorts of grades are you on track for? It’s too early because you’re in Yr12 but grades and whether you’re willing to do the LNAT are big factors

My minimum target grades are BBBB
My minimum target grades are BBBB

You’re going to need much higher predictions to apply to the universities you listed in the OP.
Of the Unis you listed, only Lancaster and Keele are realistic choices with those predicted grades. However, you have all of year 12 to try and convince your teachers that you are capable of getting As so that is what you should aim for if you want to apply to top Unis for Law.

If your school will allow it, you would be better off dropping one A level so you can concentrate on 3 and hopefully get better grades in those 3 subjects
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m currently in year 12 and I am definitely wanting to progress to University to get a law degree. I have been researching Universities and have taken a liking to: Cambridge, York, Durham, Keele, Lancaster. However, I’m unsure on what particular universities are best to study law and equally are well respected. Please could you recommend any below :smile:

This will answer your question: https://www.chambersstudent.com/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf
OP asked what unis are best to study law. I've linked a detailed document of the unis that are best to study law. So wth?!
You always have a chip on your shoulder for some reason, eat some breakfast love. Better than your one word 'oxford' answer eh?
which is why they put the disclaimers on the first page 🙄
anyhow unis that are well respected tend to be RG anyway and unis that are best to study law tend to be unis like oxford, cambridge, durham etc but the OP ultimately should look at uni modules that interest them which is why it says choose the university where you think you will be happiest.
whew i have never seen a more angry and obnoxious user on this site than you:colondollar:
(edited 4 years ago)
OP,

most of the Russell Group universities have first-rate law schools. Beyond Oxbridge, consider: UCL, King's, SOAS, QMUL. UCL has an established Law school and is currently ranked second in the UK after Cambridge. King's also has a formidable reputation.

A great deal will depend on how far you're willing to go and whether your finances will stretch to cities like London.
Original post by Cantab_UCL
OP,

most of the Russell Group universities have first-rate law schools. Beyond Oxbridge, consider: UCL, King's, SOAS, QMUL. UCL has an established Law school and is currently ranked second in the UK after Cambridge. King's also has a formidable reputation.

A great deal will depend on how far you're willing to go and whether your finances will stretch to cities like London.

Unfortunately OP said theyre on track for BBBB, so these universities will be out of reach.
Original post by dyingstudent101
Unfortunately OP said theyre on track for BBBB, so these universities will be out of reach.

Ah, I quickly scrolled. Let's hope he does better than expected.

Latest

Trending

Trending