Lightheadedness Watch

xxbutterbeanxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
For the past two days, whenever I get up, I feel really lightheaded, my eyes go a bit fuzzy and I feel dizzy then after a few seconds I'm ok again. Never had this before and not getting up any faster than I usually would, any ideas on why?
I gave blood on Thursday and nearly passed out twice, do you think it could be related?
Also having some trouble breathing (which seems to come and go every few weeks or so) where I cannot take a deep breath, if I go to take a deep breath, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Went to GP about this and he said there was nothing wrong with my breathing and no signs of any infections, gave me an inhaler, but really does not help. Don't know whether this is related or not, never had lightheadedness before when I couldn't breathe properly...
Diaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think, if your having breathing problems some parts of your body may be deprived of oxygen. Hence, the lightheadedness. The lightheadedness you're talking about I also have, mine is caused by low blood pressure, however I don't have any breathing problems. It could be that the two are not linked and you have low blood pressure or your breathing problems is causing the symptom.
WithFlyingColours
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Classis head rush symptoms. I get it too, think it's low blood pressure.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have this; I also have low blood pressure and the two are definitely related. Another sign could be Diabetics.
xxbutterbeanxx
Rep:
?
My mum has low blood pressure, so could be it! Thanks for your help guys :-)
emilY?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Were you tested for being anaemic just before you gave blood?

Might be an idea to consult the blood donor people, my friend passed out a couple of times and isn't allowed to give blood any more even though shed been fine many other times.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxbutterbeanxx)
For the past two days, whenever I get up, I feel really lightheaded, my eyes go a bit fuzzy and I feel dizzy then after a few seconds I'm ok again. Never had this before and not getting up any faster than I usually would, any ideas on why?
I gave blood on Thursday and nearly passed out twice, do you think it could be related?
Also having some trouble breathing (which seems to come and go every few weeks or so) where I cannot take a deep breath, if I go to take a deep breath, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Went to GP about this and he said there was nothing wrong with my breathing and no signs of any infections, gave me an inhaler, but really does not help. Don't know whether this is related or not, never had lightheadedness before when I couldn't breathe properly...
Sounds like me

About the lightheadedness, i often get it when i stand up having sat around for a long time, one time i passed out after getting up then walking up some stairs to go bathroom.

Breathing, same as, although i breathe in through my mouth, lol, and this is supposed to be wrong/bad
xxbutterbeanxx
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=emilY?]Were you tested for being anaemic just before you gave blood?
QUOTE]

Yes they always give a finger prick test to ensure your haemoglobin levels are high enough to donate. They said mine were fine, but it was the first time I had been allowed to give blood after a year because I did used to be anaemic. If it carries on I may give them a ring, thanks!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you're anaemic. And you probably have pretty low blood pressure to start with, which isn't helping.

You're anaemic probably due to iron deficient diet and giving blood.
Levid1992
Report 10 years ago
How weird i just started getting this about 2-3 days ago.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lack of sleep?
xxbutterbeanxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dumachi)
lack of sleep?
No if anything I'm sleeping too much since uni's finished I have NOTHING else to do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (563)
47.83%

Watched Threads