NatalieaB25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I'm having trouble organising some experience in a primary school before I apply for my PGCE this year. I've previously emailed schools with no luck and was wondering if there is another way to organise this? The primary school I went to is not an option as I don't live in the area anymore. Or if anyone had any other ideas to organise experience working with children. Thanks!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NatalieaB25)
Hi guys, I'm having trouble organising some experience in a primary school before I apply for my PGCE this year. I've previously emailed schools with no luck and was wondering if there is another way to organise this? The primary school I went to is not an option as I don't live in the area anymore. Or if anyone had any other ideas to organise experience working with children. Thanks!
Arranging school experience is tricky, and I found emails rarely got responses. You could try ringing schools, but your best bet is often finding a school where you know someone e.g. a friend of a friend to help you get a foot in the door. Primary schools may be more open to regular volunteering commitment one day a week, rather than asking for a week's experience as a single chunk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (190)
19.11%
Labour (425)
42.76%
Liberal Democrats (194)
19.52%
Green Party (53)
5.33%
Brexit Party (26)
2.62%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.4%
SNP (12)
1.21%
Plaid Cymru (10)
1.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.2%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (2)