brooklyn6
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Looking for advice or guidance as to whether to stay at university or not.

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, even though I am only half way through my first semester.

When I applied for uni, I decided to take a gap year as I did not feel ready to leave home and go straight into studying again, especially after I found my A-levels to be very difficult and stressful.
During this gap year, all I did was work, and soon realised that I probably should have gone to uni and everything would have been fine.
So, I moved country, came to university, but am still very unsure whether to stay or not. I miss my life back home as well as not being sure if this is the right career choice for me.
I enjoy my course, although I am finding it difficult, due to the fact that I find it interesting, however i cannot see myself working in this sector in the future.

I am an over thinker and am worried that which ever decision I make, it will be the wrong one.

Sleepless nights and many tears later, I have decided to turn to The Student Room for help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou.
shrek 10 P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im doing my gcse but i personaly think that uni is really important in life and parents say that once i finish uni, get a good job and a nice salry then i can relax and stop stressing. im only 14/15 so the advice might not be what ur looking for but this what my thoughts are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.94%
No (61)
35.06%

Watched Threads