Already booked my place for open day, but i can't make it..what now? Watch

SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
ok, as the title says, i've already booked my place for the open day. but sadly i can't get there (it will take me half a day to get there and my mum is now refusing to let me stay overnight since i've never been to wales before). i'm guttered because i was all physched up. do i have to ring the uni up and cancel, or do i just not turn up? also, my mum says if i want to have a look around then i'll have to wait until a weekend so that she can go with me - but there isn't any open days for a weekend. is it possible for me to organise seeing the uni but not on an open day?
Peter North
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it depends, if it was an interview/informal chat, then you should tell them, if it is just a normal course open day then theres probably no need.

yeh you can go and see the uni without it being an open day, you can walk round it etc -

you may want to email/ring your department though if you want to speak to them personally
2^1/2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just ring them up tell them you can't make it and they will most likely be happy to arrange a day you can look round.

(universities want as many people to apply as possible)
History Rocks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On Swansea Universities website it shows their only open day commencing on a weekend is Saturday 25th of October.

However seen as this date is late in the year considering the UCAS deadline is on the 15th of January and the majority of universities prefer the application to be in by October half term, I would make an independent visit to the university. You can download a self-guided tour pack on their website http://www.swan.ac.uk/undergraduate/opendays/

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads