I’m 16 and 5 ft 10 Watch

FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I stopped growing at 16. I knew dudes at school who were shorter than me when we were 17 and then 1-2 years later, they grew 3 inches or so taller than me.

So, literally no one can tell for sure. Besides, you're average height.
Nifemi_5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I stopped growing at 16. I knew dudes at school who were shorter than me when we were 17 and then 1-2 years later, they grew 3 inches or so taller than me.

So, literally no one can tell for sure. Besides, you're average height.
Would you also say 5ft 8 and a half is also considered to be average height or nah??
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nifemi_5)
Would you also say 5ft 8 and a half is also considered to be average height or nah??
Not among young men no, it's below average.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on where you are in the world. In the Netherlands you'd be tiny, but in SE Asia for example you're well over average.

Here where I am in England you'd be ****ing tiny, I'm 6 foot exactly and I feel short compared to some people, even though I'm over 2 inches taller than the national average. I wouldn't be too worried though since most places have an average height of 5 foot 9 or 10, so you wouldn't be too short.
Nifemi_5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not among young men no, it's below average.
Yikes. Guess I'm below average height then...
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You might grow more, you might not. Most changes with puberty happened to me when I was 13-14, yet I had a growth spurt in the summer this year. Some people have a growth spurt when they are 12 before any other changes and only grow another inch or so ever again. All depends on your genetics and nobody really knows.
Smoky saif
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
*crosses fingers so that both of us can reach 6ft*
Amen
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yikes. Guess I'm below average height then...
Lol it's close to average if you include all men, not just young ones. 'Tis because older generations were shorter and people kinda shrink as they age.
Nifemi_5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cryoraptor)
Depends on where you are in the world. In the Netherlands you'd be tiny, but in SE Asia for example you're well over average.

Here where I am in England you'd be ****ing tiny, I'm 6 foot exactly and I feel short compared to some people, even though I'm over 2 inches taller than the national average. I wouldn't be too worried though since most places have an average height of 5 foot 9 or 10, so you wouldn't be too short.
Ah fair enough then. I'm also in England and now I feel so short that you told me you're 6ft lmao. You've got a secure height, so I wouldn't feel short if I was your height.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There seems to have been a big increase in height threads since Reality Check started posting again. Can't be a coincidence.
Nifemi_5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol it's close to average if you include all men, not just young ones. 'Tis because older generations were shorter and people kinda shrink as they age.
Yeah, that's quite true tbf.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah fair enough then. I'm also in England and now I feel so short that you told me you're 6ft lmao. You've got a secure height, so I wouldn't feel short if I was your height.
Not when 50% of men and some people as young as 13 are taller than you in your area. People think I'm bull****ting when I tell them but it's 100% true: in my area around 20 miles wide, there must have been a tall Germanic tribe who settled here because people are ridiculously tall. Even the older generations are decent sized in a lot of cases. Then when I go to somewhere outside this region I feel tall again since people are closer to the national average lmao
Thomas_jffx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
I’m 16 and I’m 5ft 10, is there a chance I can still get to 6ft because I feel like I have stopped growing.
Like same
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
There seems to have been a big increase in height threads since Reality Check started posting again. Can't be a coincidence.
:lol:

All anon?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In b4 someone says 'King of the Manlets'.
Cameroneee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
come on, there is nothing to be worried about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (30)
26.32%
Spring (24)
21.05%
Autumn/Fall (30)
26.32%
Winter (22)
19.3%
I love them all equally (8)
7.02%