LewisDixon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a former student who did not complete my course due to a few personal circumstances. I won't go into detail about them here, but the short version is that I was dealing with some mental health issues. These have improved since I left around two years ago and now I finally feel like I'm ready to give university another try.

The problem is that I was at university for two years, which means I only have two remaining years of finance. Doing the course I would like to do would involve me starting fresh as a first year, so that's a third year of financing I need to produce. I have seen some discussions on here about the possibility of being eligible for extenuating circumstances, but I'm really not sure where to begin with making an application for something like that.

If anyone can give me some advice with this, I would really appreciate it. I don't want my life and my career to be decided because of me having such a negative attitude when I was younger and less mature. If there's anyone else who has experienced something similar to me and found a way around it, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Lewis
TinyblueXx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey.

I’m in the middle of applying for a gift year due to cpr ( compelling personal reasons) you have to get proof of Drs etc. But it could really help you carry on with your studies x
LewisDixon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply!

I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday to try and get evidence as you suggested, but how do I apply for the CPR? I've searched on the Gov page and called the finance helpline but I'm not further to understanding how...
TinyblueXx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LewisDixon)
Thanks for the reply!

I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday to try and get evidence as you suggested, but how do I apply for the CPR? I've searched on the Gov page and called the finance helpline but I'm not further to understanding how...
I have phoned student finance and they have wrote the notes on my file so now I have to do a cover letter , get my letter of my gp and a letter from the head of my old university. It’s a nightmare but it should be worth it !
Edennnn_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TinyblueXx)
Hey.

I’m in the middle of applying for a gift year due to cpr ( compelling personal reasons) you have to get proof of Drs etc. But it could really help you carry on with your studies x
How many years did you study before you had to leave?

Also, does CPR cover the maintenance loan or just tuition?
digitaljunki3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
CPR is for tuition fee. You can still receive maintenance loan even if your funding is blocked due to previous study. You write a covering letter confirming when and why you couldn’t complete study and get evidence from a doctor, university or some professional person also confirming when and why you couldn’t continue study. You can send as many pieces of evidence in to support your claim.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads