Spots and attractiveness - girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
This is a rather embarrasing subject so please keep anonymous. Girls would you still find a guy attractive if he had say 3 or 4 noticeable red spots compared to him without any spots?
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, of course, it's not ideal. And spots never improve your appearance.
Emmaleuk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah I could...beauty isn't everything :-)
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everybody gets spots, I wouldn't worry about a few of them putting off a girl. Most girls would accept that eveyone gets them from time to time, even themselves.
greenwaytph
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im a guy but 3 or 4 spots arent gonna do too much damage dude, come on!!! If you had mount kilamajaro worth of spots on your face Icould understand being turned off but if this is all you have, then dont worry at all.
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
I once liked a girl who had pretty bad acne, it doesn't bother me that much at all

EDIT: I used to have pretty bad spots as well, they really are a blow to self conifdence. At the end of the day though most people don't notice a few spots.
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
definitely. some of the fittest males I know of are spotty... they certainly don't stop you from being attractive, so long as you have a decent looking face to begin with. My boyfriend used to have really bad acne, and is still quite spotty, plus he has quite a few little scars on his face from chicken pox. But I still find him attractive.

Any girls worth bothering about should be able to look past the spots to a) your "real" facial attractiveness b) your (cheesy as it sounds) inner beauty, anyway... sensible people accept the fact that spots are not permanent.
Speedbird2008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as they are fundamentally good looking, nice body, nice personality etc, then it is fine.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've liked guys who have had bad skin before, as long as I find them attractive I'm not bothered about them having a few spots/mild acne. If someones face was completley covered with whiteheads on the other hand...urgh!
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rastaman25)
Simple soloution is simply to wash your face more mate! It works wonders!
Washing your face has barely any effect on acne...
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's not so much the spots themselves but the way they harm your confidence that makes you seem more unattractive. Having said that when my skin is perfectly clear I get with a lot more girls than when I have a few spots or even mild acne, and given that I am pretty confident anyway it may be that they are being put off by the spots themselves. In short spots are real *******s but live in the knowledge that they aren't permanent and not every girl will be disgusted by them.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I doubt any girls are put off by them....because they go through the same thing lol,but have make up :p:
Just keep being confident....thats the most attractive thing
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Simple soloution is simply to wash your face more mate! It works wonders!
Hahaha. No.
SquishyHomie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
theres a fit guy at my work and i didnt even notice that he had some until about half an hour after talking to him
captainlumpy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is a rather embarrasing subject so please keep anonymous. Girls would you still find a guy attractive if he had say 3 or 4 noticeable red spots compared to him without any spots?

tbh I wouldn't care either way, spots happen to virtually everyone so don't worry.
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeh its not like girls are all aesthetically perfect anyway. i certainly dont care if a guy has a few spots. i get them and its not really hindered my chances with guys. its all baoiut conficdence i guess, which is ironic as spots dent that. but just fake it till you make it. act confident (even if you dont really feel it) . girls who are worth your time and effort wpont be shallow enoiugh to be put off by a few spots.

"those that don't mind, matter and those tat mind, don't matter"
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have acne (24 yr old too), rastaman, and can assure you the likes of clearasil doesn't work-wish it did. With acne it is mostly caused by hormones and genetics-things no amount of clearasil or facewashing can help. In fact, washing your face and scrubbing the spots just causes more aggravation and oil production.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good skin is one of the universal indicators of attractiveness. So yes, spots will make you less attractive.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ever heard of this mate?

http://clearasil.co.uk/

Trust me, it works. Even for the people with bad acne. Though the OP has four spots, so it doesn't exactly count as acne.
I much prefer this.

Nevertheless, 'applying topical astringent' and 'washing one's face' aren't one and the same; indeed, I tend to find that washing my face only aggravates acne.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Spots and acne doesnt matter.

Sometimes it actually depends on the person, because some people actually look better with some acne and bad skin y'know.

Brad Pitt has an acne problem and bad skin but does anyone complain??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise