how do i tell him im really not interested Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
basically i went out last friday and got really really drunk, you know how sometimes people seem more attractive and like really nice people when drunk, well for some reason i told this guy i had only met not long before that i was looking for a nice boyfriend, we swapped numbers and chatted for ages, i was so drunk i can't remember what i was talking about.

so i text him the next day then he replied and we were texting for a while, then i got tonsilitus and had to cancel the date, he was like, well you not going to be ill forever are you, i was thinking that was really insensitive, and before that he had cancelled anyway and not even told me,

so now he wants to take me out, he is really shy and im not shy at all, hes abit of a prude i think and i am very dirty minded, i don't know how to tell him i don't want a boyfriend (coz i don't, i don't know why i said i did) without sounding evil and horrible!!

sorry i know its my problem and i was drunk so thats not really an excuse, but really i have no idea, i would only get nasty!! i know i brought it all on myself and im not looking for sympathy just advice lol
bballer4life
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
tell him you've suddenly turned gay
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just be honest and tell him you don't like him in that way. Or just say that you aren't looking for anyone or something. There's no point dragging it out.
Levid1992
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Im a boy and in that situation i would like someone to just tell me, Just say you dont see him in that way atleast you wont be hurting him to much.
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just tell him straight out about the situation. Maybe try and ensure he laughs it off? Anyway, one way or another you gotta tell him You'll feel better once it's done, and he'll probably just accept it and move on...
tissue shoulders
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
in the words of homer simpson, "hey baby, welcome to dumpville. population: you."

on a serious note, just be sensetive to his feelings. he's sure to understand. it's not like you've been dating for years.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
be honest.
Anonymous #1
the thing is i thought he was really nice till i read some of his replys and they sounded abit werid reading them back, once i met him he left the party before i did so i stayed on with my mates, i said to him, oh yey text me in a bit, i read it a few days later coz i couldn't remember, he sent me a message about 10 minutes after he left, saying

'i love you' i prob thought awwww thats well cute when i was totally hammered, but sober i thought, oh my word i don't like that,

can i just say, sorry i don't want a boyfriend as im not sure where i am heading for at the moment (coz i don't as im so confused about what to do with my life) i hate this coz im guna be the ***** no matter what and i know its all my own fault
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"I'm really not interested"
Done and dusted.
x
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hannah_x)
"I'm really not interested"
Done and dusted.
x

God damn you :mad: I was going to say that
Anonymous #1
thanx people i know its just the most stupid pathetic problem lol but i just had no idea what to do, as its normally me left liking someone and being messed around!! grrr
Hannah_x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbee)
God damn you :mad: I was going to say that
I win at life
x
tissue shoulders
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ pwned!
adam_1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd rather just be told. If you're honest then he'll probably be alright with it, since you're not messing him about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise