Can’t afford to get to an interview at Lancaster Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What should an applicant do if they were invited for an interview and sent an email explaining that they didn’t have enough money to get there, but received no reply, even though they had sent the email to the correct email address?
avacados1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m sure they will be considerate. Maybe try call them instead so try phoning the admissions team at Lancaster up
dking2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try calling the Admissions Office see if they would offer a Skype interview or maybe they offer financial support for travel. Good Luck!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by avacados1)
I’m sure they will be considerate. Maybe try call them instead so try phoning the admissions team at Lancaster up
OK, thanks. However it inspires no confidence in the university when they don’t bother to either read or respond to their emails. Might not bother with that uni afterall.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OK you might also want to consider that most students will be making the trip between uni and home 6 times per year - if travel is very inconvenient or expensive that could be a factor in your choice.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What should an applicant do if they were invited for an interview and sent an email explaining that they didn’t have enough money to get there, but received no reply, even though they had sent the email to the correct email address?
Hi anon,
Please get in contact again by phone/email. When is your interview date?
It's likely that there's lots of emails being read at the moment but I'll try and follow up. Have you emailed your department admissions rather than general admissions?
We interview lots of students from oversees so I'm sure they'll be able to set up a skype/video interview, or provide other arrangements.
Let me know how I can help.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (199)
19.17%
Labour (442)
42.58%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.36%
Green Party (54)
5.2%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (15)
1.45%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)