How will voter fraud be prevented? Watch

ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStupidMoon)
An old thread was brought up stating how postal votes are basic fraud because groups were going round paying people for their votes.

I've heard of students voting multiple times by going round and registering in different areas.

Lastly is how are the votes counted and who is supervising them?

What's the going rate for selling votes?

How would I go about this?
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
You need to know someone else's name and address for your polling station, hope that they haven't voted already, and hope that the polling station staff don't recognise you.
We were talking about people from different areas registering and voting in more than one place.

(Original post by ANM775)
What's the going rate for selling votes?

How would I go about this?
Ask the QC from this article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26520836

Since 2001, anyone on the electoral roll has been able to apply for a postal ballot.

In January, the Electoral Commission said it was particularly concerned about 16 council areas in England.

In some of those areas, the BBC has heard allegations that political activists are pressuring families into voting for their candidate, or taking ballot papers away to fill them in, which is illegal.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ask the QC from this article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26520836
Would be surprised if it would cover his fee.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
I presume you are talking about meetings that their employer could do over the internet, call outs that could be prioritised differently with a month's notice and similarly with shift patterns. A law ensuring employers allow time to vote makes much more sense than introducing am obvious way for interception to occur.

I'm not sure why you think a month is at the drop of a hat.
What a load of tosh.
you expect companies to spend time and money rearranging when a system exists. My husband works shifts. An hour away from home. You think the multinational company he works for will shut down for the employees to go home to vote?
At the brexit vote we were on holiday so elected for a postal vote instead. You think I’m going to cancel and lose thousands? No
dont be so silly
TheStupidMoon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
More evidence of suspect goings on.

FEARS of mass election fraud were growing last night after worried parents said their student sons and daughters are being illegally registered without their knowledge all over the country.

The Sun yesterday revealed that Labour-controlled Plymouth Council broke the law by registering 850 students without their permission.

Tory chairman James Cleverly last night called on the Electoral Commission to begin a nationwide probe to discover how widespread the illegal practice is.

Only individuals can register themselves to vote under a law change in 2014 to halt voter fraud and intimidation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/103890...gistered-vote/
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
More evidence of suspect goings on.
What you mean is that one local authority has wrongly carried on with a practice that not only was lawful but was mandatory from 1868 to 2014
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We were talking about people from different areas registering and voting in more than one place.
Whether or not you vote in a particular constituency is recorded. The same person voting in several different constituencies could be found out without too much trouble (and again, for the benefit of only 1 vote in any given seat).
TheStupidMoon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
a practice that not only was lawful but was mandatory from 1868 to 2014
This puts all those elections under scrutiny!

(Original post by anarchism101)
Whether or not you vote in a particular constituency is recorded. The same person voting in several different constituencies could be found out without too much trouble (and again, for the benefit of only 1 vote in any given seat).
Unless someone else registered and voted in them. As it stands it doesn't look like the different regions are being checked against each other.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.15%
No (75)
11.09%
I'm not old enough (289)
42.75%

Watched Threads