The severe lack of true body inclusivity Watch

spanglishgirl151
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So, body inclusivity. It's a very popular topic at the moment. Brands like Savage X Fenty are calling themselves size inclusive. They're repping it for catering to all sizes, everyone deserves to feel sexy, right? ... wrong, actually. These brands have realised that it's super popular to be size inclusive. But it's not actually anything to do with being size inclusive. What it actually is, is catering to large sizes (the key point of this movement) and average sizes. Not small sizes. No, small sizes don't count. If you're any smaller than the size almost every brand starts at (32A), then you do not matter. Surely, if you're that small, you don't need to wear a bra anyway? Or you could just wear a bralette. If you're petite, then you just wear things that are slightly too big, you'll be fine. I mean, we aren't attracted to them, just cover them up. Or, wear low cut tops, you small people can wear them and nothing will pop out. Oh yes, and you don't have back pain ever. You have a lower risk for breast cancer, you can lie on your front! .... No. No. No. I am absolutely sick and tired of people who think these things are true. Do you have ANY idea how humiliating it is to walk inside a shop looking for a sexy little bra or really any bra at all and not find any in your size? Do you have any day how embarrassing it is to have to try in the tween and kids section for bras? First bras, training bras. Bras which offer very little support and have absolutely no sex appeal whatsoever. We already feel pretty unfeminine and unsexy because we are lacking in the breast department and yet our choice in bras is so limited. Big boobed women who say small boobed woman have SO MUCH choice and have it way easier trying to find bras... you could not be more wrong. I cannot count how many times I have attempted to go bra shopping and been unable to find anything and come home empty handed in tears, feeling even worse about the size of my bust. I cannot go braless. I don't need my nipples to be poking out and showing. If I am active and walk fast, then yeah, they still hurt. I still have back pain because plenty of other things cause back pain, not just big boobs. I don't lie on my front, why would I want to be suffocated by my own pillow? They're still gonna hurt if I lie on them, that or my ribcage starts hurting because it doesn't have the same amount of padding as a busty woman might. I am an adult and I have never felt sexy, never felt overly feminine because I cannot find suitable bras and have been made to feel so inadequate by the lack of options and the opinions of other women. I can't wear low cut tops, I can't find bikini tops or swimsuits that actually fit. Well, they'll fit my body, sure. Then there is a massive gap at the bust so anyone can look right down into it and see what I don't have. Having small boobs just makes everything that little bit harder. Sure, I COULD order a custom bra. But can I afford to? No. Should I have to? No. If you're going to call yourself size inclusive, be size inclusive to big, medium AND small. We matter too.
Last edited by spanglishgirl151; 6 days ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm in a similar position.
Chill out
Custom is usually more sexy and far higher quality.
But it costs.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Sounds like you need a hug OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (54)
68.35%
No (25)
31.65%

Watched Threads