The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Uni Options

Hi guys, I'm in the process of completing my UCAS application for an under grad physio degree. Currently, I'm doing btec L3 Sport (Performance and Excellence) and predicted a D*D*D*. I have five Unis in mind and they are SHU, Bradford, Keele, Wrexham and Liverpool. I have done work experience at a care home, observed a Physio in two private clinics and will be going on work experience at my local NHS hospital with the physio team. I was wondering if, suppose my personal statement had all these work experience and I successfully conveyed that I want to study Physio, would all these Unis I've listed give me an offer? Any opinions? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Batman 02
Hi guys, I'm in the process of completing my UCAS application for an under grad physio degree. Currently, I'm doing btec L3 Sport (Performance and Excellence) and predicted a D*D*D*. I have five Unis in mind and they are SHU, Bradford, Keele, Wrexham and Liverpool. I have done work experience at a care home, observed a Physio in two private clinics and will be going on work experience at my local NHS hospital with the physio team. I was wondering if, suppose my personal statement had all these work experience and I successfully conveyed that I want to study Physio, would all these Unis I've listed give me an offer? Any opinions? Thanks :smile:

Hi there! I’m so glad you’re considering Keele as a choice for one of your universities! In terms of your question, it’s hard to say specifically if including all that will ensure you get an interview as it is all based on a scoring system throughout the UCAS application. I have had a look on the Keele website and can only really see the entry requirements in terms of academic grades ect. However, if you would like me to e-mail the physio admissions team and see if they can give me some advice to pass on to you, i’d be more than happy to do that if you wish? If you have any more questions about Keele then please don’t hesitate to ask!
Reply 2
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there! I’m so glad you’re considering Keele as a choice for one of your universities! In terms of your question, it’s hard to say specifically if including all that will ensure you get an interview as it is all based on a scoring system throughout the UCAS application. I have had a look on the Keele website and can only really see the entry requirements in terms of academic grades ect. However, if you would like me to e-mail the physio admissions team and see if they can give me some advice to pass on to you, i’d be more than happy to do that if you wish? If you have any more questions about Keele then please don’t hesitate to ask!

Thank you so much for your reply! :smile: Yes that would be great

Hi @Batman 02,

We are so pleased to hear you are considering applying to Hallam! In terms of grades the SHU entry requirements are 128 UCAS points and you can use the UCAS Tariff calculator to input your qualifications and predicted grades to calculate your predicted points.

It seems like you have a good range of experience - I would advise posting in the Physiotherapy 2020 applicants thread as students who are posting in there have either applied or are applying, so they may be willing to share what work experience got them an offer! I have also contacted our Admissions team to get an answer for you. :smile:

I hope this helps!
Ella
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Batman 02,

We are so pleased to hear you are considering applying to Hallam! In terms of grades the SHU entry requirements are 128 UCAS points and you can use the UCAS Tariff calculator to input your qualifications and predicted grades to calculate your predicted points.

It seems like you have a good range of experience - I would advise posting in the Physiotherapy 2020 applicants thread as students who are posting in there have either applied or are applying, so they may be willing to share what work experience got them an offer! I have also contacted our Admissions team to get an answer for you. :smile:

I hope this helps!
Ella

Hi again @Batman 02,

Someone from the Admissions team has got back to me and I’m afraid it isn’t good news regarding suitability for our Physiotherapy course here as unfortunately we do not accept the BTEC you are currently studying. We would require you to study BTEC Sport & Exercise Science or A-level grade B Biology or PE to meet the course entry requirements.

You have some great experience behind you so good luck with your application to the other universities :smile: Remember to post in the thread I mentioned above as you are likely to get more answers from there!

Ella
(edited 4 years ago)

Not a problem! I’ll drop them an e-mail now and get back to you as soon as they reply!

Hi there! The admissions team have got back to me and this was there reply -

‘In terms of our recruitment process, all applicants would need to meet our entry requirements in the first instance. Once grades have been assessed, the personal statement is then sent for marking/scoring by an academic member of staff. Providing the personal statement scores high enough - the applicant is then invited to interview. Receiving an offer is dependant on the performance at interview.’

I’m not sure if this helps at all?!
Reply 7
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there! The admissions team have got back to me and this was there reply -

‘In terms of our recruitment process, all applicants would need to meet our entry requirements in the first instance. Once grades have been assessed, the personal statement is then sent for marking/scoring by an academic member of staff. Providing the personal statement scores high enough - the applicant is then invited to interview. Receiving an offer is dependant on the performance at interview.’

I’m not sure if this helps at all?!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it :smile: I will be going to the open day on the 23rd, so I guess see you if I see you :smile:
Thank you so much! I appreciate it :smile: I will be going to the open day on the 23rd, so I guess see you if I see you :smile:

No problem! I don’t have child care for weekends so I won’t be attending the open day unfortunately :frown: But i’ll always be on here if you have any more queries! I hope you love Keele as much as I do :smile:

Hi Batman,

I am a student ambassador at Wrexham, They ask for 120 UCAS points, a BTEC level 3 in Science or Health studies. i would recommend you go to every Uni you are looking at studying with. 3 years is a long time to study somewhere you are not happy. our next one is 29th February.
Hope this helps a bit.

I would email liverpool uni as I know they can be specific when it comes to GCSEs and certain a levels as well as I think you may need to have a science related a level, don't quote me but so check! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending