Revison advice

Watch this thread
Hazyweather
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi, does anyone have any good revision advice on how to get good grades, i'm in year 10. i want to start making revision resources now.
Last edited by FantasyAngel; 2 years ago
infinity24795
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
what subjects are you studying?
Nicky_15
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FantasyAngel)
hi, does anyone have any good revision advice on how to get good grades, i'm in year 10. i want to start making revision resources now.
Hi😁 , I’m currently in year 10 as well ... so I possibly won’t give the best advice but they are great starters:
•Making notes along the way
•Using your teachers as a recourse(they are very experienced and helpful but through various teachers , it honestly depends)
•Work consistently hard (“hard work pays off”)
•Have an equilibrium / balance of things (like chill time) because revising 24/7 can mentally exhaust you .
•Focus on your weaknesses👍🏻
Hopefully, they are helpful enough 😂
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FantasyAngel)
- Do as many practice papers / questions as you can. Get them marked by your teachers and look at the feedback in detail. Repeat them until you are consistently getting the grades you want.
- Have a look at the examiner reports for the exams you'll be doing. These detail where students went wrong, common mistakes etc. You can use this to aid your exam technique.
- Try out different revision methods. Find out what kind of learner you are. Mind maps, flash cards, posters, post-it notes, recording yourself, making videos, powerpoints etc.

You have a lot of time before you need to start seriously revising. For now, I recommend you start experimenting with the different methods to find out what works best for you. Then as you get into the summer term, you can start thinking more about exam techniques, and then in year 11 you can really knuckle down with the past papers.
Hazyweather
Rep:
(Original post by infinity24795)
what subjects are you studying?
English lit
English lang
maths (higher)
triple science
computer science
history
german
Religious studies
Hazyweather
Rep:
(Original post by Nicky_15)
Hi😁 , I’m currently in year 10 as well ... so I possibly won’t give the best advice but they are great starters:
•Making notes along the way
•Using your teachers as a recourse(they are very experienced and helpful but through various teachers , it honestly depends)
•Work consistently hard (“hard work pays off”)
•Have an equilibrium / balance of things (like chill time) because revising 24/7 can mentally exhaust you .
•Focus on your weaknesses👍🏻
Hopefully, they are helpful enough 😂
thanks, good luck to us both as class 2021. these sound like good tips, burnout is a thing i'd like to avoid. i appreciate it!
Hazyweather
Rep:
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
- Do as many practice papers / questions as you can. Get them marked by your teachers and look at the feedback in detail. Repeat them until you are consistently getting the grades you want.
- Have a look at the examiner reports for the exams you'll be doing. These detail where students went wrong, common mistakes etc. You can use this to aid your exam technique.
- Try out different revision methods. Find out what kind of learner you are. Mind maps, flash cards, posters, post-it notes, recording yourself, making videos, powerpoints etc.

You have a lot of time before you need to start seriously revising. For now, I recommend you start experimenting with the different methods to find out what works best for you. Then as you get into the summer term, you can start thinking more about exam techniques, and then in year 11 you can really knuckle down with the past papers.
thank you! this was really detailed and helpful, personally i'm not too sure what type of learner i am. so, i will have to work on that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (21)
17.5%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
25.83%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (64)
53.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.33%

Watched Threads