CASS Abroad scheme Watch

tokyorose888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The Cass undergraduate schemes look appealing to me, could anyone rank them in order of how respected they are? I know Actuarial sciences come first without arguing.

and also, is there a specific UCAS code for the courses abroad?
Do you actually get to choose which country to go to?
Will you actually study at a university?
what if only one person wants to go to that country, will they still be able to go?

sooo many questions ive heard that cass is not internationally known and its not good. but i also heard its good....*sigh*
La Haine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rank them in order? That's just silly. I have heard good things about IFRM graduates' prospects though.

You apply to just the normal course which has the option of going abroad, you decide whether to take up that option later in your studies so no, no UCAS code for the abroad options.

You do get to choose the country out of a choice of a few but you'd need the relevant language skills up to a certain level to go to a non-english speaking country.

Yes, you study at a major university which Cass has links with.

I don't believe there's a minimum requirement of people for each country so yes, that one person would be free to go.

Cass is internationally known and is good, how good is the matter of debate.
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
(Original post by La Haine - Saïd)
Rank them in order? That's just silly. I have heard good things about IFRM graduates' prospects though.

You apply to just the normal course which has the option of going abroad, you decide whether to take up that option later in your studies so no, no UCAS code for the abroad options.

You do get to choose the country out of a choice of a few but you'd need the relevant language skills up to a certain level to go to a non-english speaking country.

Yes, you study at a major university which Cass has links with.

I don't believe there's a minimum requirement of people for each country so yes, that one person would be free to go.

Cass is internationally known and is good, how good is the matter of debate.
thnx that was quick!!. would you recoomend going on abroad courses and i assume your studying at Cass, what course are you studying? (if you are lol)
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tokyorose888)
thnx that was quick!!. would you recoomend going on abroad courses and i assume your studying at Cass, what course are you studying? (if you are lol)
I don't study there but i remember on the open day they said something about a New York business school which looked quite cool...
La Haine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No problem. Yeah, I've just finished my first year on the Actuarial Science degree. Personally, I'm not looking into taking up either the study abroad or the placement options but both are very good opportunities for different reasons. It's just very much a personal choice as to whether you're interested in them. You seem to be keen and are just wanting reassurance that it won't be a waste and I'd gladly give that to you because you'll no doubt enjoy it and it'll help you develop.
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mos Def)
I don't study there but i remember on the open day they said something about a New York business school which looked quite cool...
where do you study?
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
where do you study?
M&S :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads